Saturday, June 11, 2011

A place to remember - Part I

I know I have neglected my blog for a while, but I was sorely lacking inspiration and in terrible need of a long overdue vacation. So, off I flew to the east coast, just twenty minutes outside of Boston to visit my middle daughter who moved there last September.

Brook was looking forward to my visit and was trying to make everything beautiful for my stay with her. She and her housemate were having new hardwood floors installed before my arrival. As luck would have it the floor man -- who promised everything would be done before I arrived -- was unable to accomplish the task. Brook's housemate's parents very kindly agreed to host Brook and I at their beautiful estate in Hamilton just seven miles from Beverly. Beverly Hills has been said to be a copy of this gorgeous little community on the New England North Shore.

Bryn's parents, Peter and Gretel Clark, own this fabulous place. They were known as a somewhat Von Trapp-style family singing four part harmonies on road trips and raising four children in this magical place. After the children grew up and left home, Peter and Gretel ran their home as a bed and breakfast for twelve years. They hosted all kinds of interesting people and threw elaborate weddings, which left them with fabulous stories to tell now that they have retired from their bed and breakfast days. People came from all over the world just to see their beautiful gardens. I will save that for another post. These days you will find Gretel tending her bees and working in her garden maintaining its pristine beauty.

This is a view from the room I stayed in with its own fireplace and private bath. I enjoyed being hosted by this delightful family for the first five days of my visit while Bryn and Brook waited for their floors to be ready. I must say, I did not mind the change of plans at all.




I have many more photos to share with you and will do so in the days to follow. I hope you've enjoyed part one in my adventure east!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

hello! so nice to hear from you! what a beautiful place and how kind of them to host your visit! i look forward to seeing more!! susan

Comeca Jones said...

That garden view is heavenly.Glad you had a great time.

Yolanda said...

I hope you got your spiritual juices recharged!Lovely surroundings.

Grandma Honey said...

So did you get to take a tour of that house? Your room was so charming!

Related Posts with Thumbnails