Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Where Brook lives and works - Part IV

This is the door that greets you when you visit New Harmony Wellness Center in Beverly, Ma. This is where my daughter Brook lives and works. She is a shiatsu massage practitioner. Upstairs is where Brook lives and the clinic is on the main floor...very convenient when it's winter and snow is in abundant supply!

Here is a shot of the entire place. I love New England architecture, don't you?

When you enter the clinic you will find a bright, cheerful, Zen and spa like atmosphere to welcome you in.

Here is Brook, hard at work in her treatment room. I was lucky enough to score a two hour massage (maybe it was longer, I don't remember because I fell asleep). Ah....so spoiled!

Brook's housemate Bryn Clark is a master of acupuncture.

He gifted me an acupuncture session (actually, two sessions) and fixed me up with some Chinese herbs to enhance my health and well being. I truly feel like I've been pampered and loved!

Now continuing upstairs you will see the living room where the hardwood floors were being installed when I first arrived. Brook had asked my advise on incorporating the persimmon color you see on the ceiling. I had suggested the ceiling, because she would still get a punch of color without overpowering the room. I then suggested, if grey was her color of choice, to paint horizontal stripes using flat paint for every other stripe and then semi gloss on opposite stripes in the same grey, for a subtle feeling of texture. It turned out beautifully, wish my photos reflected how stunning it looks in person. Don't you love it when your kids take your advise?


Below you see the color of the walls Brook had the sitting room off her bedroom painted. She picked this electric blue that is so vibrant it makes you feel warm and cozy inside, especially because Brook paired it with the gold wood work that was painted over red and then had a crackle finish added to give real depth to the color. The floors are maple and the contrast of the light floors and the deep rich color is just fabulous!

I should have taken a close up photo of the wood work so that you could see the detail...so sorry!

Brook has artfully displayed things she has collected throughout the space. It has a definite eclectic style that makes me smile.


Here's my girl, letting me take a photo to remember my wonderful trip with her.

Do you recognize the West Elm sofa below? I had that shipped to Brook before she actually arrived in Boston this past September. It is cozy and comfortable. The little green velvet chair had belonged to her grandmother. The window treatment has the look and feel of burlap and is the perfect finishing touch.


The face mask of Brook above is amazing. I don't know how she did that, but I think it is really cool.
I love her sweet little bedroom, just big enough for her queen sized canopy bed. I love the green she chose and the painting that accents the room.

Hope you enjoyed the tour! I can hardly wait til I can go to Boston again. More stories and photos of my trip will follow on future posts.

4 comments:

Jocelyn said...

oh you were truly spoiled! I want some of those chinese herbs! :) i love the colors and decor too! glad she is so happy there!

Blondie's Journal said...

Brooke has wonderful taste and I like how she has decorated her apartment! She looks very happy and I know you both enjoyed your visit. Now...where do I get the Chinese herbs?? lol!

XO,
Jane

Grandma Honey said...

Love love love the colors!!

Brook said...

I promise that green isn't so fluorescent in real life, more deep yet luminescent. : ) A little southwest flavor followed me to New England. Gotta have some color for the white winters! It was fun to just kick it with mom and relax in my pad. I should send you a picture of the yellow with red under crackle, mom. i really wanted orange and she had the perfect suggestion for integrating it. : ) thank god for interior designer mothers!

Related Posts with Thumbnails