Monday, June 13, 2011

A play and a stroll through Boston Gardens - Part III

The morning after I arrived in Boston my darling daughter planned an excursion through Boston Garden across from Boston Common. We picked up headphones and I-pods to listen to a play presented by Arts Emerson, with mapped out stops throughout the garden as we walked. It was a play about the actors in a Mid Summer Night's Dream. It was not the actual Mid Summer Night's Dream play, but a rather dark tale about the actors. It was a gloriously beautiful day, so the darkness of the play was contrasted by the beauty of the garden and the day.

Above is a photo of Bryn, myself and Brook with map in hand for our tour.

Boats carried happy tourists on the water through the park.

I was thrilled to do anything Brook suggested because I was so happy to see her in her new environment.





There were statues and flowers and a mama duck and her ducklings to watch, and children enjoying the outdoors.




5 comments:

Diane Gauthier said...

I loved seeing these photos!!!
The last shot of the little girl sitting on the grass is especially endearing!
I walked across this common in the middle of a very cold winter, to the Isabella Stuart Gardner museum. Or from that museum to the other...whatever! It was unbelievably cold.

~Esther said...

I visit that park whenever I'm in Boston, usually once a year. It's a wonderful place to just sit and enjoy the sights and sounds. Sundays at the park are my favorite. Lots of weddings. Great photos!

Seawashed said...

I am so glad you are having such a wonderful time with your daughter. I hope mine never move so far away:(

Blondie's Journal said...

Your pictures are incredibly beautiful. I know you are having a wonderful time with your daughter. I spent a lot of time in Boston when I was younger...it's a beautiful city!

XO,
Jane

freddeduke said...

your daughter is beautiful, what an amazing life and home she has made for herself!!!! it made me want to visit Boston!!!!
love, Fredde

Related Posts with Thumbnails