Sunday, June 12, 2011

In the Garden - Part II

The long driveway into the Clark estate is a picture of the beauty to come. You are seemingly caressed by these lovely trees as they beckon you in.

Looking out to the front of the estate, this gorgeous picture perfect oasis welcomes your arrival.

The back of the house is no different. A basketful of colorful flowers awaits your presence by the entrance into a secret garden. What child, or adult for that matter, could resist such an invitation?

This iron gate at the entrance to the secret garden gives a special welcome to the mystery seeker. Through its doors your soul be will nourished and your load lightened by the sheer beauty inside.

An angel could not find a better place to bestow her mercies than this well tended garden.

Surely fairies reside in such a beautiful space. What better place to envision a joy filled life or comfort a weary soul?



This tree is home to a choir of melodic birds whose only desire must be to greet the day and please the heart of anyone who will listen.

This is the table where I had my first breakfast with the lovely host and hostess that made my stay so memorable.

Brook's housemate, Bryn, made this picnic table when he was a little boy and it has lasted many cold New England winters. Pretty sweet.



It takes passion and a lot of hard work to create such a special garden. Lucky me, it didn't take any work at all to enjoy it!


5 comments:

~Esther said...

What a lovely place. That entrance to the secret garden would certainly capture my attention. And I agree fairies must reside there, I would, if I were one.

Comeca Jones said...

How beautiful I love the little places to sit and take in the scenery.Thank you for sharing.

Liminal Lulu said...

What a treat, Mom. I am so glad you are having such a divine time. And great that you are taking so many pictures. Sending my love to you both across the country.

Lulu

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Lovely...
Enchanting...
Lucky you!
Have fun!
xoxo~Kathy @
sweet Up-North Mornings...

Grandma Honey said...

Oh to eat outside amongst all that beauty!

Related Posts with Thumbnails