Thursday, June 16, 2011

Brookie's birthday celebration- Part V of my Boston trip

I left for Boston excited that I would be celebrating Brook's birthday with her. I've missed many of her celebrations since she moved away from home over ten years ago. We went to a restaurant called Greenland Cafe in Salem, very close to where Brook lives, to meet up with two of Bryn and Brook's friends for dinner.


Bryn and Brook's friends suggested something called buzz buttons before dinner. I guess they are suppose to make your tongue numb.


I could not be tempted, however, being a bit of a chicken myself.

Of course when Brook said it tasted like bad fish I knew I had made the right decision not to partake, L.O.L.

We closed the restaurant down laughing and partying on. For that part of the fun, I didn't need a buzz button to join in.




Dave and Courtney were so much fun. It was like having Saturday Night Live right at our table.
I still laugh when I think about them.

I'm so glad I was there.

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Have you ever seen a picture of Aunt Mable? She was Grandpa Romeo's sister. Brook looks SO MUCH LIKE HER!!If you've never seen her, let me know and I'll email her picture to you.

Brook said...

Oh my goodness, I laughed until my belly hurt and my cheeks were aching. That was the most hilariously fun birthday dinner EVER! So glad you were here to celebrate with me. You made my birthday special. You made me smile all week (not to mention the week before every time I thought of your approaching visit!).

Related Posts with Thumbnails