I've focused my attention on my health many times, over the course of my blogging journey, but I'm at it again. I guess, knowing I will leave my 50's forever in August I have found some much needed motivation. Motivation and momentum are highly prized invisible boosters to any long range hope of living a healthy life style.I've been eating a lot of apples since I gave up sugar and gluten a little over a month ago. A girl's gotta have a little sugar and apples are my current vice. I've always loved vegetables and fruits...trouble is, I also love ice cream and cookies and candy bars.
After watching me religiously exercise for the past month every morning Mr. Honey decided it was time to turn our extra guest room into a work out room. I can't tell you how much encouragement this kind of support has added to my momentum. We've talked about doing it for quite sometime and finally decided to do it. We got rid of the twin bed in this room and bought an elliptical and a flat screen T.V.I bought the little cabinet that the new T.V. sits on at Home Goods. I plan on painting the cabinet door and the drawers the same window box green (Ralph Lauren paint) that is on the walls and maybe adding some vintage glass knobs.
The antique dresser is going to get painting as well...not sure what color yet. The lamp is going bye bye since it no longer works.
Mr. Honey's indoor bike is on the opposite wall so that we can work out together while we watch our favorite shows.


5 comments:
Good for you. Eat healthy and exercise and you will only enjoy the 60's more than ever. Hugs, Marty
You are doing really well.....keep going and think how healthy you will be , especially after all of those apples !!
Many thanks for your lovely comment today. I just hope that I don't become a grandmother bore !! XXXX
What a great idea...and exercise room in your home! The TV is a must. I've tried reading while on the treadmill but as I go faster the words disappear.
So why did you give up gluten?
Hi Kathy's Red Door Welcome, Nice blog! How to add the Glitter Effect Mouse Pointer to your Blog
I hope you are
still feeling
great and motivated!
I find that a TV
show or movie that
I like is just the
"carrot" that I need
to get me on the
eliptical for a good
amount of time. Sending
you healthy good wishes!
xx Suzanne
Post a Comment