Monday, January 3, 2011

True Confessions

Ten things you may not know about me:
I cheat at Scrabble (not that I'm proud of it).
I care too much what people think of me.
Sometimes I don't wash my face before I go to bed.
I break out in hives almost every day.
I watch way too much T.V.
I cry easily for no reason.
I feel afraid that I'm not smart enough.
I think I bore other people, but I don't bore myself.
I want to travel the world.
I wish I could sing.

7 comments:

Delchick42 said...

What a cute post! That's brave but I'm there with ya on a couple of those. Happy New Year.

Cheryl

Karen Mortensen said...

I don't see too much wrong with all that. Just don't worry about what others think. There is really only one person you need to worry about what they think of you.

Grandma Honey said...

Hives every day? That would be awful. You haven't always had that problem, right? I wonder what in the world you are allergic to.

I think everyone cares what others think of them...even the ones who say they don't.

Bore people? Are you kidding? I have never ever been bored by you. I wish we had more time to talk.

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Awww... that's a fun post, Kathy! I can identify with several of the things you wrote.

Do I give you ten in return?

1)I am afraid of spiral staircases.

2) I get vertigo sometimes from looking at my feet when I walk on a pier.

3)I procrastinate.

4)I wish I had continued dancing throughout my life.

5)I would like to finish my doctorate some day (see "I procrastinate").

6)I am a prolific reader (at times).

7)I cry even in funny movies.

8)I still get stage fright even though I've taught speech.

9)Even though I try hard to be understanding of others, I find it difficult to be forgiving of someone whom I feel is a fair weather friend or a climber.

10) If I see something I really love and it's a "great price," sometimes I will buy it in duplicate (or triplicate). ;-)

XO,

Sheila

P.S. What others think bothers me far less now that I'm older. I have no control over it, but I do have control over the way I react to it. But yes, I have to confess that at times it bothers me, too.

Amanda said...

You are SO smart enough, and never boring. And it's not too late to take voice lessons if you want to. :)

I care too much what people think of me, too.

Anonymous said...

Years ago a friend wanted to sell her home, we were in our 20's, so she could take a vacation to Hawaii. Fortunately I had already seen Hawaii on a Concert Choir Tour. I told her, "We're going to spend eternity with the guy who made Hawaii. I don't need to travel anywhere before I die." I wish we had hours to talk, but I guess there is still eternity :-)

Privet and Holly said...

Hey sweet friend,
your secrets are
safe with me! And
I'd ditch anyone
that finds you
boring, because
you are anything
but : ) and life is
too short! I'm still
down and out with
flu but am slowly
on the mend. I loved
your New Year's post
and year in review.
I need to do that at
the end of 2011 as it
truly shows you all
of the blessings of
the year. Here's a
toast to many more
adventures and joys
for you in the New Year!
xx Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails