Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year 2011

I decided to start the morning off with a high protein breakfast for New Years day, so I got up and made a fritata and invited my daughter, her husband, and their boys, over to join me.

This fritata was made with a layer of brown rice on the bottom of the pan to start. Then I fried up some bacon, whipped together a dozen eggs with a cup of half and half, and laid a layer of uncooked asparagus spears on top of the rice. After the asparagus came a layer of shredded cheddar cheese. I poured the egg mixture on top and baked at 375degrees for about 45 minutes.
Voila~breakfast was ready.

Mr. Honey left for a Jeep run in Calico and took our middle grandson with him. Our eldest grandson stayed home with an ear ache and cold. The littlest is never found too far from his Mama (this too shall pass, but for now it's the sweet reward of having a youngest in the family).

Since Mr. Honey was out of town and I've never been known for staying up until midnight on New Year's Eve I rang in the new year eating beef bourguignon that my daughter (who lives next door) made and brought over. Now that's the way to end the year, if you ask me.

I forgot to take the photo of the beef bourguignon when it was hot and bubbly, so it doesn't look near as yummy as it did before it sat in the fridge all night.

My grandson thought playing scrabble with his Nana would be the best way to end the year...so that's what we did. How did you spend your New Year's Eve?

4 comments:

Poppa Willis said...

It's been reported you don't exactly play "fair" at scrabble, shall I say?

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Hi, Kathy!

Sounds like the perfect way to ring in the New Year.

I was supposed to go to a dinner party with friends, but I'm still under the weather. Mr. Magpie went, but today, he is dragging a little. But while he was out, I determined to sit up and blog some which I did and continue to do today. I blog as my energy holds out.

But I wanted to be sure and drop by to wish you all the joys of the New Year. May it bring health, wealth, and happiness galore!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Grandma Honey said...

I wish I loved next door to you!

Jocelyn said...

sure hope you had mercy on grandson #1 with that scrabble game! :) i see the source of my competition...Aunt Sherree says that book is never closed!!! :) I may have to request one...

Related Posts with Thumbnails