Saturday, January 1, 2011

Looking Back on 2010

Last January I was starting to train for my job in customer service with William Sonoma. I was pretty stressed anticipating the steep learning curve and wondering if I would survive the challenges that were facing me. My husband's brother and his family had just been with us to celebrate Christmas and my sister in-law was encouraging me to exercise, so we had cleared the living room and did a little salsa to a workout video.



I'm afraid I didn't do to well in the exercise department in 2010, so I am looking forward to a fresh start in 2011 with a renewed commitment to living a healthier lifestyle!

In February, right after the training for my new position was over, Mr. Honey and I headed to Florida to attend my brother in-laws wedding. It was just what I needed, a fabulous change of scenery.
In March after that lovely trip to Florida, Mr. Honey and I celebrated our 37Th year of marriage. I also had my 200Th post around the same time. We spent a wonderful weekend in Ventura at the Cliff House overlooking the ocean.

In April, my eldest daughter and I took a little road trip to Nipomo to the Remnants of the Past Antique Show. We bought ourselves a few little pre-Mothers Day trinkets. It was a fabulous day.
We were also celebrating Amanda's birthday (she took a road trip to see her middle sister for her actual birthday). Her sister Brook was having her first singing debut, so Amanda was going and taking her boys to show her support and celebrating her actual birthday in Tuscon.

Brook was busy practicing for her upcoming performance before her sister arrived.

When Amanda returned we celebrated her eldest son's birthday.


When Mother's Day came around I thought my girl needed a new apron (one that declared her love for her Mama, of course! She's only got a few pairs of jeans, but she has quite a wardrobe of aprons!

Below is the last photo I was able to take of my friend and her mother, because my friend's mother passed away a few days after Mother's Day. Her mother could have been my mother's sister with all they had in common. Sybil and I grew up together, so it was a loss for me too. I was with Sybil when her mother passed and this has made our bond even stronger.

At the end of May, my only surviving uncle turned eighty and I was so blessed to share in his special day. At eighty he hasn't lost his sense of humor and that visor with the fake hair proves it...

We also celebrated my youngest grandson's birthday in June and my middle daughters birthday in June.

July came and went in the blink of a camera, ha ha. I didn't get many pictures, but these ranier cherries were fabulous and they came and went faster than July.

The most important thing that happened in July was that Mr.Honey opened his own business with his long time friend Eric Geye. After being out of work for almost two years this was a huge leap of faith.


In August, I knew Mr. Honey would be too busy with his new business to help me celebrate my birthday, so I flew off to Tuscon to celebrate with my middle daughter. She was busy too, getting ready for her big move to Boston in September, but she took good care of her Mama and we had a relaxing special time together.


In September I went to a special luncheon commemorating the loss of a dear friend's sister, who lost her battle with cancer in December and whose birthday would have been September 25.

Around the same time my daughter packed her belongings and headed East for Boston. The photo below was taken on the east coast where she resides two blocks from the ocean.

In October my middle grandson turned eight. He's such a great kid!


In November all my girls were home to celebrate their Dad's sixtieth birthday. This was a rare photo op, I'm telling ya!

We had a big birthday bash with friends that came from everywhere to be with us to give Mr. Honey a proper birthday bash! It is imperative that we celebrate life because none of us knows how long we have. Within a week of Mr. Honey's birthday a friend and a relative died unexpectedly, so live life out loud folks!

Shortly after Mr. Honey's birthday came Thanksgiving, and although my middle daughter couldn't make it home for Christmas (the first Christmas ever spent away from family in her entire life) my youngest came home and gave her nephews extra love. These boys love their aunties!

Then in December my friend hosted her annual Christmas tea and this year she had her new granddaughter to show off to all the guests.

My grandsons had parts in the Christmas pageant at their church and the two older ones had singing parts. It was the highlight of Christmas for their Nana!

I'm so glad I've blogged this year, because my memory "ain't" what it used to be and I don't want to forget any of 2010's most special moments!

3 comments:

Amanda said...

It was a good year, wasn't it? So much to celebrate!

Grandma Honey said...

What fun to look back on your year. I think I remembered most of these occasions. 2011 will most likely be as wonderful!

Brook said...

Every time I read your blog I think of how lucky I am to have you as my mama. And lucky to make it back for Dad's 60th! Was that a blast or what? Sending you snowflakes!

Related Posts with Thumbnails