Saturday, January 15, 2011

The creative life of Kimme Winter

When I met Kimme Winter she was only 15. She hadn't become a jewelery designer yet, but she had a contagious laugh, a fabulous sense of style and the drive to accomplish her dreams. . .

She still does. I can remember sitting in her house when she had returned from a trip to Spain (if my memory serves me) and she had purchased these leather bracelets that had little silver coins and things attached to them. Kimme bought a ton of them. She was planning on selling them here in the States to get braces for her teeth...at least, that is the way I remember it. She was famous for saying "buy low, sell high". I don't think there is anything this woman can't do. She exudes confidence. Whether she's caring for her family, cooking a gourmet meal, decorating her home or designing unique, cutting edge jewelery, she does it with a certain joie de vreve.
The photo above is of Kimme today, as energetic and happy as I remember her when she was fifteen. Kimme has an entrepreneurial spirit and an artist's eye and always has. Not everybody gets that gene, but she did and has passed it down to her own children. There are certain people you meet in your life that live life with passion and energy and Kimme is one of them. I think that is what keeps her so young.





The second photo of Kimme was borrowed off her Facebook page. If you are interested in seeing more of Kimme's jewelery designs you can be find them here.

6 comments:

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

Gorgeous jewelry and love your blog...Your blog header is beautiful...

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What beautiful things, and what a neat post, Kathy. I think it is wonderful how she followed her dream and has been a success at doing it. She looks like a cute, fun person, too. Thank you for introducing us to your friend!

xo,

Sheila :-)

Blondie's Journal said...

Fabulous jewelry, Kathleen! I love the story of Kimme following her dreams...she sounds like a fantastic person and artist. Thanks for the link!

XO,
Jane

The Quintessential Magpie said...

I checked out the link today when I wasn't feeling so rushed and tired, and what beautiful things she had there. I liked the idea of having rosaries and medals incorporated into necklaces. Very special pieces.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Privet and Holly said...

Isn't it such a
privilege to know
someone from a young
age and see how they
bloom? Love how much
you LOVE your sweet
friend!
xx Suzanne

Grandma Honey said...

YOU have an artist's eye, too. My mom use to tell me that about you and Nonie when I was little, and I've seen it for myself. Your house is absolutely charming.

Related Posts with Thumbnails