
She was the first of my three precious daughters to captivate my attention. She was a lively, energetic baby girl that came into the world with an intuitive sense of the environment around her. She was so innately sensitive, I got the feeling from looking into her pretty blue eyes that she knew exactly how the people around her felt about her in an instant. She wasn't one of those babies that wanted to be held all the time. She was affectionate, but she wasn't a clinger...the minute she got her hugs and kisses she was off your lap anxious to discover more of her world.
Amanda was smart as a whip with an attention span to match. She was curious and independent and loved having people around. She still does. She loved her baby dolls. When I brought my middle daughter home after she was born Amanda stood on the porch proclaiming "my baby doll, my baby doll!", as she saw me draw near with her baby sister in my arms.
She has set a fine example with her compassionate mothering and I know my grandsons will sing her praises long after they have grown and left home to have families of their own.
She was strong willed and many times stubborn, but that will has made her character what it is today. She loves the Lord with all her heart and has been an inspiration to me many times over.
Today Amanda has three sons of her own and made me the most grateful Nana ever!
How did I get so blessed?


4 comments:
Hi Kathy! Guess what?
April 14th is MY b-day, too!
I am on a long weekend
trip with my mom, which we
do every year around this
time to celebrate : ). Your
Amanda sounds like a very
special young woman....Like
her mama!
xx Suzanne
I remember when she was born. My Mom was SO excited! I think you are so right that her 3 sons will be singing her praises when they are older and realize what a great childhood they had.
Logan was due on the 14th, but came on the 17th.
Happy Birthday Amanda!
Hi Kathy,
thanks for stopping by. LOL about the doughnut shop! I totally agree. Actually, I would have passed it right by if it weren't for the people lined up outside! Happy belated bday to your daughter...aren't they the best?!
Hi,
I'm Bairbre Aine
What a lovely post, I enjoyed reading it very much!
And equally a very lovely blog too!
I stumbled upon your blog and am very happy to have.
Post a Comment