Sunday, February 27, 2011

The Opening of Home Goods

I don't know what took so long for Home Goods to come to Bakersfield, but it has finally arrived.
Seems like we live in a time warp. We have no Pottery Barn, no Nordstrom's, no Cheesecake Factory...we've needed to join the new millenium for quite some time now.

Seemed like the entire town came out for this grand opening. I was there at 8 o'clock this morning and there was already a line around the block! When I drove back by at 10:30 there was still a line that went on forever.

I was on a mission. It's not like I really needed anything and I do believe if you are going to buy something new you should also get rid of something. My reading lamp went haywire this week and I had just bought a new lamp shade for it, so I went hoping to find a new base for it. I also was hoping to find a new bath mat. I don't like scuzzy looking bath mats and it was definitely time for a new one. I didn't have to stand in line long before I accomplished what I set out to do.
Look at that line would you!

On the way to finding the lamp I found this darling little bird cage to hang my bracelets and earrings on. Isn't it adorable?

Here's the lamp base I found. I think it works really well with my Pottery Barn lamp shade...

and here's my fresh new yellow bath mat. I got two for $14. What a bargain!

4 comments:

Diane Gauthier said...

You always have been a savvy shopper! Is the new store in the old Von's space? This weekend I ripped into the pile of stuff in Dave's corner of the bedroom, fixed his bottom dresser drawer (the bottom fell out), ironed all his shirts and put them on new hangers and moved the bed slightly so the poor guy had more space on his side.

Mid-Atlantic Martha said...

Don't you love a shopping trip that gets you exactly what you're looking for? Great treasures.

Grandma Honey said...

Oh I love the Home Goods. That is my all time favorite store!

We still don't have a Nordstroms or a Pottery Barn. We are use to be deprived...I didn't grow up in So Cal like you did.

koralee said...

Wow....I can't believe all those people standing in line...I have never heard of that store before...must be amazing...Monday hugs. xxoo

Related Posts with Thumbnails