I'm ready for St. Patrick's Day and a little Irish luck. I bought this little tree at West Elm during the holidays and it came in handy at Christmas, as well as Valentine's Day , and now for St.Patty's Day. The truth is, I hate it when all the Christmas decorations come down and the feeling of festivity leaves the house, so I've found a way to extend the celebrating.
This St. Patty's Day teapot is over-sized and can serve a room full of thirsty tea drinkers.
There's a little Irish blood on my father's side of the family. All I know is my mother said she named me after the song Take Me Home Kathleen.I'll take you home again, Kathleen
Across the ocean wild and wide
To where your heart has ever been
Since you were first my bonnie bride.
The roses all have left your cheek.
I've watched them fade away and die
Your voice is sad when e'er you speak
And tears bedim your loving eyes.
Oh! I will take you back, Kathleen
To where your heart will feel no pain
And when the fields are fresh and green
I'll take you to your home again!
I know you love me, Kathleen, dear
Your heart was ever fond and true.
I always feel when you are near
That life holds nothing, dear, but you.
The smiles that once you gave to me
I scarcely ever see them now
Though many, many times I see
A dark'ning shadow on your brow.
To that dear home beyond the sea
My Kathleen shall again return.
And when thy old friends welcome thee
Thy loving heart will cease to yearn.
Where laughs the little silver stream
Beside your mother's humble cot
And brightest rays of sunshine gleam
There all your grief will be forgot.


2 comments:
Good Morning Kathleen~
I remember that song! I read the words with the melody playing in my mind. St. Patrick drove the snakes out of Ireland and I transpose that to meaning St. Patrick's day represents a time when WE should drive our burdens, regrets, problems from our minds. A day to be festive ~ inwardly ~ and rejoice in laughter & love.... and of course, corned beef and cabbage. xoxo Amy
There's a little Irish blood on our fathers' side? Really?
Maybe that's why I've always felt the need to decorate for St Patrick's Day. My boys grew up always having the corned beef and cabbage that one day of the year.
I like what you've done!
Post a Comment