I stole this before photo from my daughter, since I don't know what I did with the one I took. Thanks Amanda!
After Amanda's hubby got the floors refinished we went to work on making curtains with the $2 a yard fabric we bought at Ikea. Isn't it great?
The boys have been having hours of fun in their new playroom-workroom. Amanda painted the tops of the school desks with chalk board paint and painted the chairs that came with the desks. This is the best part, while driving down our street on our way back from having coffee together my daughter screamed out (I about had a heart attack) "stop the car"! She just noticed two school desks and two chairs at a yard sale that was closing down for the night, so for a mere $15 she bought two desks and two chairs.
The rug below we found at Ikea on our trip a few weeks before. The little storage ottomans we found at Target. My girl has an eye for deals!
The Pottery Barn desk was a gift I bought my grandsons back when I had a job that paid really well. It's perfect for the littlest grandson.

We found the two chairs in the photo above at Remnants of the Past Antiques Show. We found the little table you see the scrabble game on at the Good Will for $6- what a deal! Amanda simply spray painted the unfinished wood with black paint and voila.
You can see more photos of the room on my daughters blog here .


8 comments:
You guys did an amazing and beautiful job on the room. Such talented people!!
I am so impressed. The angle and size of that room is perfect for home schooling. The organization and colors would be so inviting to learning. I love it!
The room looks great. You must be so proud of her. Don't you just love it when your children make you feel so proud of them.
Christina
Kathy, has Amanda thought about expanding, say with a few more kids? I used to work with a friend in her home school in Texas. We had 7 students. Her three, Noel, (Evan was too small) and three children from friends of hers at church. She charged them a small fee each. I was free becuase I was the assistant teacher! Anywho, she made a little money each month. I loved working with her. I miss her very much. We keep in touch.
Kathy, I hope you're doing well. How is Richard's business doing? Where is it? I hope things are better now. Love, Cheryl
Wow, what a terrific room, thanks for the inspiration!
Well, the apple
certainly doesn't
fall far from the
tree ~ She's stylish
and beautiful, just
like her mama! Love
this sweet room and
I bet the hours passed
there are full of
wonderful discoveries : )
Happy day, Kathleen!
xx Suzanne
WOW! That room is fabulous! I would love to hang out in there, too. I bet the boys are so proud to have such a cool space just for them! Thanks for always stopping by to visit and especially for your words of encouragement. I am so happy to back to blogging.
Have a wonderful weekend!
Misti
Post a Comment