This is a photo of my dear friend and I whose friendship has spanned the last 28 years of our lives. This photo was taken at the wedding of Nancy's eldest son. It was a destination wedding that took place in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico. This was one of many milestones we have celebrated together.We lived just a few blocks away from each other when our kids were growing up. My kids adore Nancy and if my kids needed another set of parents, Nancy and Richie would fill the bill! Nancy and Richie have two sons. My husband and I have three daughters. Our kids are grown now and Nancy has four granddaughters and one more on the way, and I have three grandsons. We've both had the joy of boys and girls in our lives.
Nancy and her daughter in-law baked the cake for my eldest daughter's wedding, and it was sooo delicious! There aren't many friends that would take on a project of such important proportions! But then, Nancy is that kind of friend.
I always wanted one of my daughters to marry one of Nancy's sons, because I've always known Nancy and her husband Richie would make the most wonderful in-laws. Ah, but the best laid plans were not to be. But still, we are like family. Nancy and Richie are like apple pie and ice cream. Everyone should have such sweetness in their lives, not to mention such a happy marriage.
Nancy and I share the same birthday month. Nancy was born on the tenth of August and I was born on the 20th of August. This year she is celebrating her birthday at her summer home on Lopez Island, so we won't be with each other to celebrate our birthdays.
So Nancy, if you are reading this post, I raise my glass of champagne to you, dear friend! Here's to many more celebrations and many more years of this beautiful friendship!


2 comments:
how wonderful to have such a special friend! happy birthday to you both! hugs, susan
God surely puts special friends into our lives -- what a blessing! Happy birthday to you both.
Cheers!
Post a Comment