Tuesday, August 24, 2010

My trip to Arizona

My darling daughter is moving to Boston on September 7Th, so I packed my bags and flew to Arizona to see her before she leaves.

I didn't take photos of the boxes she packed or the house in disarray from the chaos that comes from moving. She's lived in Tucson for the past 10 years.

I did, however, take photos of our trip to Sonoita where my daughter gives shiatsu massage therapy to a group of woman every Sunday. They are going to miss my girl! Anyway, the family that organizes my daughter's work visits told Brook she could bring along her Mama. I was thrilled to be able to accompany her. Never mind that Sonoita is usually 10-15degrees cooler that Tucson!

We were greeting at the ranch by a group of Alpacas grazing at the entrance to the ranch. What a treat. Brook said she has never had that happen in all the months that Brook has been going there.

The ranch where we stayed was fabulous. There are two staircases, one from each side of the fireplace that give entrance to the upstairs, where there are four bedrooms (all beautifully decorated with private baths). I had never slept on a Temper Pedic bed until staying here and it was heavenly!





The view from our room looked out on to this fabulous pool and cabana.

The deck wrapped clear around the entire house, with views that would take your breath away!


Our room was called the Cactus room.


My birthday gift from my girl was a massage. This girl has a gift passed on to her by her grandmother (who worked at Elizabeth Ardens for thirty years), and I was over the moon to be in this setting and on the receiving end of her gifted touch.



I laid in that hammock and read all afternoon. What a luxury!



I didn't want to leave, that's for sure!

On our way to the airport we stopped in a darling community called Patagonia for lunch and to visit Brook's clients lovely shop.

Brook is modeling the dress we found on sale at Anthropology. Doesn't she look pretty?

Good luck on your new adventure Brookie! We will all miss you terribly!

8 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

These pictures make me want to go on a trip. But I have never stayed in a place as nice as that one! It must have felt like a different time and place....a fun adventurous world complete with a hammock! You look so relaxed.

Blondie's Journal said...

Gorgeous photos, Kathleen! I have always wanted to travel out West and someday I will. Arizona looks beautiful! So do you and Brook!

xoxo
Jane

Jasper said...

looks lovely, i want a huge hammock to read in! yes brook have tons of fun on your next chapter and adventure in life!

Liminal Lulu said...

Wow! Looks like you had a fabulous time. What an amazing birthday gift. So jealous...
:-)

Maria | Vintage Simple said...

Oh, what a wonderful and relaxing trip. It looks like you two had a wonderful time with you daughter.

xoox,
-maria

koralee said...

Wow...what an amazing place. I am soooo glad you had a great time. I have never been to Arizona....one day. Happy weekend my friend.

Melissa said...

I feel relaxed just reading about your trip.

You and your daughter are just as gorgeous as can be.

My mother-in-law lives in Tucson. The beauty of Arizona is undescribable.

Thank you for the sweet words you left me on my blog.

Hugs!

Melissa

Lady Butterbug said...

I would love to have a hammock, especially today. Maybe this 100 degree heat is finally over.

Karla

Related Posts with Thumbnails