Saturday, February 27, 2010

Look What I Found!

Remember back when I posted pictures of my middle daughter wearing the dress my mother wore when she became an American citizen? Well, I've been going through old photos and I found a photo of my mother on that auspicious day! You can even see the bottle of champagne in the sink and champagne glasses my mother has in her hands on her special day.

Below you see a photo of my daughter wearing her grandmother's dress, not at the kitchen sink, but in the cockpit of a vintage airplane. Isn't it uncanny how much they look alike? You can't imagine how thrilled I was to find this precious photo of my mother on one of the happiest days of her life.


If you never got to see the post of my daughter in her grandmother's dress and would like to see more you can click here.

18 comments:

Blondie's Journal said...

The dress is absolutely beautiful. So are mom and daughter! How lucky that this keepsake is still within your family. And the picture as well. I remember growing up with the Corningware coffee pot that you can see in the picture. What country did your mother come from?

xoxo
Jane

Maryrose said...

Hi Kathleen,
What an awesome post...first to have your mom celebrating and your daughter wearing the same dress. You must have been thrilled to have found it. Aren't scanners wonderful?
By the way that is a gorgeous dress on both of those gorgeous ladies!!!

Maryrose said...

PS I just read the original post. My daughter is 6 ft tall and her grandmother is 5'4"

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

Kathy they are both beauties my friend...How cool is this...Girl its just PRICELESS....Hope you have a GREAT Weekend my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Grandma Honey said...

OH yes!!!! I felt like jumping in that picture with your Mom. This is the way I think of her and remember her. She was so beautiful and so graceful, very feminine. That is a great picture!! So glad you found it. You should hang those pictures side by side!

Designs on 47th Street said...

Kathy! I love this post! I'm so glad you gave us a link to your daughter wearing your mother's dress next to that vintage airplane! W*O*W! She is a knockout beauty and truly favors your mother. That is one gorgeous dress too. Very, very fun! :)

Donna

Unknown said...

how precious, they are both beautiful! that is so sweet so happy you found the photo of you mother. enjoy your sunday. susan

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, Kathy, I'm so happy you found that pic of your mother. She is lovely, and so is your daughter. So are YOU!

Miss you. I've been MIA, but I hope to be blogging again soon.

XO,

Sheila :-)

Kammy said...

Hi Kathy !
How fun are these pictures ! Wearing the same dress, how neat - their smiles are identicle !
Kammy

Anonymous said...

I popped over from The Good Life.

The dress is beautiful. So is your mother and daughter.

It has to be bittersweet to see your daughter in your mom's dress.

Such a Wondrous Place this Faery Space said...

This is sooo wonderful. I just feel something in my heart for these two photos. Amazing. Blessings dear.

Melissa Miller said...

That is precious Kathleen! :)

Julie said...

Those are some gorgeous pictures, and precious memories!

koralee said...

This is amazing...I love the idea that your Mothers dress looks so lovely on your Daughter! I so wish I had some of my mom's dresses..thank you for visiting..I am so glad you did...now I have found you...off to follow. xoxo

Duchess of Tea said...

Darling, what a precious photograph. Both your mother and your daughter look gorgeous in the lovely dress. May God Bless your family.

Love & Hugs
Duchess

Maria said...

Hi !
I stopped over to visit you from Bluebird Notes! What beautiful women in your family! Your daughter and mother look so classy and so lovely in that dress! I love your blog header photo... it's a great concept, I'll be back for many more visits to see what's on your door throughout the year!
Glad to have stopped by!
~Maria

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

Hey lady! So glad you stopped by my dinky little blog. I see you have been very busy vacationing! My husband and I honeymooned in The keys. It was absolutely fabulous so I KNOW you had a great time there!

I love the picture of your mother. What a beautiful woman. I bet you were too happy to find that special picture.

Hope you are having a great weekend. I had to take an extension on the course. Just couldn't fit it all in. Still shooting for the end of March.

Miss you,
~Misti

Kara Ward said...

Okay, I just think that is the neatest thing ever! What a treasure! Your daughter is movie star material and so it your mother. Wowzie!

Related Posts with Thumbnails