
Thirty seven years ago this past Sunday Mr. Honey and I got engaged and a month later we walked down the isle together on St. Patrick's Day.
I couldn't post this photo on Valentine's Day, like I wanted to, because, I don't have a clue how to use our new printer.
There I am, in an off the rack dress I bought and paid for myself. I spent a whopping $35 and I loved that dress. I had to add some two inch eyelet lace to the hem to make it long enough and when it wasn't possible to have our wedding outdoors, my mother had a long sleeved voile blouse made for me to wear with it, to make it church appropriate.
Mr. Honey wore a white Levi suit and a red velvet bow tie with a wildly red shirt that had peacocks on it, and tan platform shoes. We thought we were really stylin' back in 1973!
My father was not in my life at the time, so I walked down the isle with my very happy groom. We made up our own vows and we considered ourselves to be traditionally untraditional.
Our wedding knot was tied to last and thirty seven years later I still adore Mr. Honey and he still adores me.
For a girl who didn't date anyone for more than three weeks I think I did alright!


4 comments:
That is sooo sweet and romantic!
Hi Kathleen,
What a fun post. Congrats to you and Mr. Honey. I adore your wedding attire. Very chic and very 70's.
Ah! I love it! You guys were styling, I want to see another photo of you your dress without the blouse, it looks gorgeous :)
Nearly 37 years: that's good going, and you both look wonderful. Three week dating is clearly a winner.
Post a Comment