Today was pretty much an ordinary day. Wednesday is the day I get my hair done, run errands, have coffee with my girlfriends and today was no exception, except that is was exceptionally cold and wintry. I got my hair done and then I went to the grocery store to pick up some things we needed for the holidays. When I got home I noticed that the Christmas lights weren't on and when I entered the house the entry light wouldn't come on. This is not the first time this has happened. My poor husband was bound for the dog house. He had forgotten to pay the electric bill, apparently for a few months, and not because there wasn't enough money in the bank, he was just too preoccupied with working on his jeep to remember. Needless to say, PG&E decided to turn off the juice. Of course, I was irritated and was planning on letting him know right away, while I still looked like the dragon lady with my breath coming from my mouth, visible in our freezing cold house.
There was a note on the door from PG&E telling me the bill had to be paid by 3:00 or it wouldn't be turned back on until tomorrow. Of course, You know Who, was at work and unable to take care of it, and You know Who (that's right, me) was going to have to drive down and pay that bill, and not for the first time, mind you. The way I figured, I was getting taken out to dinner. Well, I guess I have that man well trained because he came home with a box of See's truffles in hand. He had to wait in long line at See's to get that candy. He hates long lines, but the way he figured it, he deserved his rightful penance. He already knew we'd be eating out, but he thought he'd sweeten the deal.

Of course the dragon lady put him to work in the garage doing laundry after she was properly fed and sweetened. Isn't that smile he has on his face cute? Who could resist? He's been forgiven.
2 comments:
What a day for the power to go out...it is so COLD. I think if I were you I would just take over paying the bills. :) Sweet husband though buying you chocolate and doing the laundry AND with a smile on his face!
Wow Aunt Kathy I'm impressed, you are my hero. :) Good job!! I think i would have handled things quite a bit less graciously. :)
Post a Comment