A year ago on December 19th I made a committment to exercise, at least four to five days a week. I am so proud to say I have kept my committment. I needed to know that I could really make a change in my life. I've tried before and had some success, but I've also had things happen that have stopped me in my tracks. The picture above is the dvd that I have been using.A couple of years ago I was about three weeks into the program when I fell, while exercising, and broke my ankle, needing surgery, a plate and sixteen screws to put me back together. Needless to say, it was a long time before I could try again. My husband really didn't want me doing this particular dvd again, because it was while doing this particular dvd that I fell. Still, I really loved the way I felt when using this tool, so I decided to get back on the horse, so to speak.
One year later I am still working out. I must say, that though you may not notice the changes I've made, I have dropped a size and I am so much more flexible and strong, and I have more energy to boot. More than anything else, I have proven to myself that with baby steps it is possible for me to change.The photo below is the room in which I exercise. This room has become a sanctuary of sorts for me. It is the room I use to take care of me. It is the room in which I have changed the picture of who I am, at least in my head. It is the room in which I dare to dream of a better version of me. It is the room I plan on using to set new goals in.

Life has a way of challenging us every step of the way. I want to meet those challenges with faith and grace. I want to meet life head on, welcoming all that life has to offer.
I read somewhere "never, never, never give up!'. This has become my very own motto.


2 comments:
I'm so proud of you, Mom! You really have worked your tush off this year! :)
If you can get back on that horse again after all you've been through after that fall, then I guess I have no excuse. Thanks for inspiring me. Great idea to have a room that you relate this too. Like I said in an earlier comment I've been trying to figure out what your secret is. You look beautiful.
Post a Comment