
We found the perfect tree, a noble fir, just the right size for the corner of our living room. For most of our married life my husband, Richard, has been the designated tree finder. The kids would go on the search with him when they still lived at home, but since they all moved out he had lost his enthusiasm. He really hated doing the lights. That used to be our firstborn's job, so I let him off the hook for the last several years and we didn't get a tree, but this year would be different.
This year I really wanted to have a real tree again, so with his blessing, I put on my warm coat, he grabbed his work gloves and off we went. In years past we would always have the same conversation and this year was no different. I think we should go to the cute little corner tree place and he always thinks we should go to Home Depot or Lowe's, because they will have a better price, but he always takes me to the cute little tree place that I suggest, and then after being told a noble fir will start at $109.00, we decide we'll check out Lowe's. I really should learn to just let him do it his way first, because he's always right. There, I've said it, "he's always right", at least, about some things. What can I say? He's been doing it for years, he's experienced in the Christmas tree department. When we got to Lowe's we took home the first tree we looked at, and I must admit, I love it and it was only $42.00. Woo hoo!
I always seem to think we need a new tree stand and he always tells me "no, we have a perfectly good one at home and I know exactly where it is". It's true, he knows exactly where it is and it is perfectly fine.
When Richard was a boy, he learned how to be a perfectionist from his grandfather. If a tree wasn't perfectly symmetrical his grandfather would drill holes in the trunk, remove lower branches and insert them into the holes. Thank goodness my husband does not take it to that extreme, but you've got to love him, we always have a beautiful tree.




3 comments:
Perfect. And I bet your house smells wonderful! Nothing like a real tree. So I take it that is your front lawn? Such green green grass!
Yes Jill, That is my front lawn.
we are so spoiled up here in Christmas tree farm country! My neighbor supplies my tree (a noble or a fraser) each year! And, you can find Doug Firs for $7 on roadside stands, not to rub it in too much!!
Post a Comment