Thursday, December 9, 2010

The Twelve Days of Christmas

The Lettered Cottage

Don't you love the idea of celebrating Christmas for at least twelve days? This year I splurged and bought myself the 12 days of Christmas tablecloth from William Sonoma. Even with a hefty employee discount this was still a splurge.

A couple of years ago after being inspired at my sister in-laws church, singing the Twelve days of Christmas, I wrote my own rendition. Since I grew up in Beverly Hills, I decided to call my song The Twelve Days of Christmas in Beverly Hills. You'll have to forgive me for my seeming shallowness, but I was having some fun here. I shared this a couple of years ago, but hope you enjoy this.
Here goes:

On the first day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Paparazzi in a pear tree...


On the second day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Two plastic surgeons...

On the third day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Three Ipods ringing...


On the fourth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Four pairs on Manolo's,


On the fifth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Five Tiffany rings,

On the sixth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Six swimming pools,


On the seventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Seven French maids,

On the eighth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Eight trips to Paris,


On the ninth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Nine celebrity attorneys,

On the tenth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Ten Mercedes humming,

On the eleventh day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Eleven Cartier watches,
On the twelfth day of Christmas my true love gave to me,
Twelve boutique hotels


And on and on and on....

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

you silly goose. :) What a cute tablecloth! take a pic when it's in your own house! :)

Grandma Honey said...

Sometimes I think it's worth the splurge to get something you really like and can have for years to come. Good for you! It really is pretty.

Diane Gauthier said...

the 'nine celebrity attorneys' cracked me up! of course you'd need at least nine to keep up with your busy life!

Privet and Holly said...

Funny! We have
to laugh at this
time of year, right?
Celebrate life and
being a part of it
in all it's wonder
and sometimes, silliness!
I have the tea towel
that matches your table
cloth. Love it!
Merry weekend,
xx Suzanne

Castles Crowns and Cottages said...

ooooo, give me that eight days in Paris and I am set!!! HI KATHY! THANK YOU FOR COMING TO get a little magic; you are in the mix and BEST WISHES TO YOU. It is so kind of you to visit me...Anita

Anonymous said...

Hi Kathy! Oh, you're a little hoot today! So cute and clever! I love your header with that adorable wreath!
Thanks for popping in to see me.
Be a sweetie,
Shelia ;)

Unknown said...

Hey Kathy, I liked your blog. I think I'll go for the Mercedes. But where to put them? It would take at least four garages and where to put the garages? So I guess
I'd have to give nine Mercedes to friends! The celebrity
Attorneys would be interesting and also the paparazzi.
One time I turned down the offer of a free trip to Paris
For two. See what raising kids does to a person!
Merry Christmas!

Related Posts with Thumbnails