Friday, December 17, 2010

Moody waves of nostalgia

Around the holidays, I always seem to be hit with moody waves of nostalgia, remembering a past filled with tea parties and little girl giggles and gossip over tea. Those days are long gone, and I miss them.

Even today I love sipping tea with my girls and pouring over decorating magazines and sharing our latest interests and talking of sewing projects and scrapbooks that need finishing, but those days are few and far between, with my daughters all grown up and two of them living a zillion miles away (or at least it feels that way).

I know this isn't a Christmas type post, but I am feeling a bit melancholy, remembering the innocence and sweetness of childhood and missing the joy of having my girls all under my roof.

My advise to new mothers is to slow down, enjoy every moment of your child's youth, give lots of hugs and kisses, be slow to anger, laugh a lot, give of your time and energy with reckless abandon, and pour the tea liberally!

3 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

OH I know I know. The best of times we will never get back. And didn't all the older women in our lives tell us the same thing...to slow down and enjoy it all? But we were too BUSY to notice a lot of what we did back then. Going back in our minds, and especially with pictures, can be sweet and painful, at the same time.

Jocelyn said...

Thanks Auntie Kathy! :) Now that we are all mostly sleeping and potty trained I know the years will fly by!

Privet and Holly said...

Well said, sweet
friend!! And I think
that Christmas just
naturally makes the
high notes higher and
the low notes, a bit
lower....It just does.
But LOOK at all those
little blessings in
your pics who all love
YOU....Whether near or
far, I'm certain that
love will never change.
xx Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails