Saturday, October 23, 2010

Who Doesn't like Cake?

My niece has become quite the cake baker. I asked her permission if I could brag on her a bit. Well, I didn't actually tell her I was going to brag, but how can I help myself? I love to show off talent, even if it's not mine.

The first cake I'd like to show you is the cake my darling niece made for Mr. Honey's 60Th birthday bash. He's a rock climbing enthusiast and this cake totally fit the bill!


What a perfect way to celebrate fall. I say, "bring on the cake"!

And what little princess wouldn't love to have a cake with her very own crown... a cake fit for royalty!

And how about a spring fling, complete with butterflies?

And, if you're a little boy with a love for playing ball this cake fits the bill!

Let's face it, there are those who take their coca cola seriously...pour a glass of coke and dig in!

Anyone want cake?

10 comments:

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

Wow....that's something I don't do is decorate cakes...
She is amazing !
Love the one with the crown...
sort of like my pumpkin this year.
xoxo~Kathy @
Sweet Up-North Mornings...

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, WOW! These are just adorable! Your niece did a super job on these, and I love them all... hard to pick a favorite when each one is as cute as the other!

Thanks for sharing with us. And yes, I would like a piece of cake... from EACH cake!

xo,

Sheila :-)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Oh, and thanks for the offer! :-)

Linda said...

I say brag away!! Your niece does beautiful work!

Grandma Honey said...

Talk about talent! Ohmygoodness. I like #4 the best. But I like all cake, anytime, anywhere.

Blondie's Journal said...

Wow!!! Please tell me she is a professional baker! I can't decorate a cupcake! They are all just beautiful and fun!

XO,
Janie

koralee said...

Wow...her cakes are amazing...I would brag too!

Hugs for a great new week.

Privet and Holly said...

OOH, cake AND
coca-cola! That
makes my teeth itch,
it sounds so sweet!
These cakes ARE
amazing....it's artistry,
really. How could
you bear to bite into
such masterpieces??
I'm betting they are
as good on the inside
as the out, too. Okay,
now my mouth is watering!
xx Suzanne
PS: Yes, Jack J. is IT!!

Diane Gauthier said...

such great cakes! so full of whimsy!!

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

I'm always amazed at people who can be such creative bakers. That's certainly a skill I don't possess. Great job by your niece!

Related Posts with Thumbnails