Thursday, October 21, 2010

A touch of whimsey

I've been wanting a dress form for the longest time. I actually have desired a real vintage dress form, but my budget would not allow such extravagance at this time, so when I came across this very lovely wire dress form at Marshall's for only $40 I just couldn't pass it up.


Of course, pink and green doesn't go with anything in my house, so I rushed right out and bought a couple of cans and spray paint and, voila', it was transformed to fit into my space in a nice shade of antique white. Even at $40 it was a splurge for me right now, but oh it does make my heart sing!

9 comments:

Amanda said...

Looks fabulous, Mom! I must come over and see it tomorrow!

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Kathy, that is so cute! I think that is a very good price, too.

One of my friends from Canada was here visiting last spring, and she bought a dress form to take all the way back with her. I think they are neat.

I have an old one that sort of leans some, and currently it is in storage. But seeing how cute that is, it makes me want to spring her!

XO,

Sheila :-)

LuLu said...

Gotta love a dress form and a can of spray paint! Her makeover turned out beautifully!!
Have a wonderful weekend,
xo,
LuLu

Jocelyn said...

that is so cute! didn't realize you had painted it white when you posted on FB! :)

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

I'm loving this!
I hope you are having a wonderful weekend!
XO
Kristin

Connie said...

I saw the same one in our Marshall's and thought it would be a fun gift for my mother-in-law who sews however I didn't like the colors either. Thanks for reminding me about spray paint!! You blog girls spray paint everything...I should know that by now! Ha!

Love the cakes too! Talented daughter...it's okay to brag a little!!

Have a good week! Connie

Melanie@TheOldWhiteCottage said...

Love that!

Kristin @ My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia said...

So glad you linked this up!

Christina said...

Its perfect!
I love how you find those little treasures. If you ever need a shopping and Starbucks buddy I right here. :)
Christina

Related Posts with Thumbnails