My daughter's latest project involves redoing a sun porch to use as a home school learning space for her three sons. We've been painting and cleaning and now the floors are being sanded and refinished by my favorite son in-law (actually he's my only son in-law). When the painting was finished it was time for my daughter and me to have a girls day out. You can't have a freshly redone room without a few accessories, right?
We headed off to Ikea, with a few stops in between along the way. Our first stop was Wood Ranch for some yummy salads and sweet potato fries. If you've never been to Wood Ranch you're in for a treat.

I'm sorry that my photos for this post are so terrible but I just wasn't focused on the photos.
Before leaving Valencia and heading to Ikea we stopped at Urban Home. Neither of us had ever been there. We resisted buying anything because we wanted to save our money for Ikea.



We found a great parking spot and made our way inside.
My daughter is planning on remodeling her kitchen next summer and wanted to check out this farmhouse sink. The price was fabulous, so we'll keep that on our list of favorites for later.
This is how the back of my car looked filled with some great deals. I will post more after the room is finished and all the goodies we found find a home in the newly decorated room. We bought a couple of colorful rugs and some fabric for curtains that was only two dollars a yard! The lamp shade is for me. It was only $15 and looks a lot like a one I've been admiring at PB. I also bought some tea towels for 59cents each and some great candles for my fireplace.
When we returned home my son in-law had a yummy dinner ready for us. Tri-tip, green beans and garlic mashed potatoes. After all, all that shopping was hard work!


10 comments:
Oh what a super fun day. It sounds like you all had the best time and found some fabulous bargains. I still have never been to Ikea. I really, really do need to go. Can't wait to see the room all finished. Hugs, Marty
You girls know how to have fun! Mother and daughter time, I think it's the best ever!
Nancy
What a fun day. Can't wait to see the room.
where is that IKEA?
love that store! went to the local one recently and bought two kinds of Swedish mustard, and a wooden window blind for Kenzie's room. Love the lampshade you got..I've looked at that one every time I go to IKEA.
No wonder he's your "favorite son in law" ...he cooks for you while taking care of your grandsons so you can shop with his wife! He's a rare find.
Hi Kathleen,
I love shopping with my daughters, it always makes for a great day, especially when it includes lunch and I love Wood Ranch. They have a great take out too.
Can't wait to see the room completed with bargains and everything.
Maryrose
Ah, mommy-daughter
shopping....it's
the best! I LOVE
IKEA and need to
go there and see
what's new. It's
always a treat!
xx Suzanne
That's so nice you were able to have a day with your daughter! and at Ikea! So much fun!!! That farm house sink is fabulous, That's now on my short list also!!!!
thanks
What a lovely lovely day...I do enjoy poking around in Ikea..I always come home with many goodies. Hugs for a great Thursday. xo
That sounds like a fantastic time!!! The closest IKEA to me is almost 2 hours away but I'm going to get there some day. I LOVE that store. Beautiful farm sink too.
Thank you so much for your visits to my blog with always a kind word and thank you also for adding my blog button to your sidebar. I always enjoy your visits and I apologize that I am so late in returning the visit!
God Bless,
Kathleen
Post a Comment