This past weekend I had the pleasure of traveling to the wine country to attend the wedding of my friends daughter. It was a great excuse to get out of the heat and have a weekend away with Mr. Honey. He didn't actually attend the wedding with me, because I had originally planned on going with girlfriends and they ended up not being able to go. Mr. Honey offered to go along and keep me company on the drive. I had already R.S.V.P.'d and so it was too late to have him go to the wedding. No matter, he had a friend that lived close to the hotel we were staying at, so he had a great time going to dinner with him.
The vineyard where the ceremony and reception were held was absolutely lovely. The venue was large enough to host a fabulous celebration.
The photo above gives you an overview of the entire space, with the chairs for the ceremony off in the distance and the dance floor sitting between the where the ceremony was held and the dinner was served.
Here comes the bride, all dressed in white, or I should say ivory, walking arm and arm with her proud father.
No one likes a wedding more than me. The bride and groom were so darling.
The little flower pom poms hanging at the end of each isle were so sweet. Every detail had been attended to. On every other chair or so there were wooden dowels with black or white ribbons attached to the ends. There was a message on each one that read"when the groom kisses the bride wave this from side to side", so you guessed it, when the groom kissed the bride the guests cheered him on with a wave of these darling banners. I'm just sorry I don't have a picture of that.
When the ceremony was over the photographers began their work. I love this photo of the bride and groom, with the bride's parents looking lovingly into each others eyes.
The cake was simply elegant.
There was a photo booth in which each guest was asked to have their photos taken and then paste them into a photo album and sign it, instead of the traditonal guest book. I thought this a very clever idea
The flowers on the table added a splash of color to a very elegant black and white wedding decor.
Let the dancing begin! The tent over the dance floor was lit for romance. The father of the bride gave a very touching tribute to his daughter. It illicited ooohs and aahs from the guests.
I'm so glad I was there to celebrate this milestone. Below is a photo of myself with the mother of the bride. I must say, she looked as radiant as her daughter.
The bride is my friend's eldest daughter. The photo below is of her youngest daughter who got married two years ago. Beautiful mother, beautiful daughters! There was a handsom son lurking about as well.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






9 comments:
Kathleen,
This was a lovely post. I so enjoyed seeing pictures of this beautiful wedding (and I do not evewn know the people!!). Everything was so perfect!!
You look gorgeous and I love the picture of your husband and daughter and you & hubby...what a striking couple you make!!
xoxo
Jane
Kathy,
What a pretty wedding. I liked the bride's choice of dress. It looks like you and Mr. Honey had a nice weekend. How is Pottery Barn going? I want to head over to my local one and see what they have new. Not that I should buy anything, but it always fun to look.
Cathy
lovely pics! and how absolutely romantic.........
Looks like a beautiful wedding. The Wine Country is a lovely place. Had a great visit. Please stop by when you can. Connie
They left no stone unturned in the planning of that wedding. I especially love the photo booth/signing book idea.
And you, look absolutely beautiful!
Kathleen,
The pictures are lovely. Everything was so beautiful.
My mother-in-law used to live in the wine country. Oh, how I miss being able to visit that place. She lives in AZ now, pretty, but in a different way.
Hi Kathy, I just wanted to stop over and say hello. It's so hard to get to all the great blogs. I loved seeing pictures of this wedding. I still have two more to marry, so I like seeing how others decorate for their weddings, flowers, etc. Hope your summer is going well.
Donna
Hey Kathy, What a lovely wedding.....I love to go to Weddings.....they are definitely so full of love and new beginnings...very fun! I hope to be visiting more...summer has robbed me of time on the pc~ ~CC Catherine
What a beautiful Sunday in the city. I love when you guys come to visit. Miss you. ~ Lulu.
Post a Comment