This is the place I spent my birthday weekend away with Mr. Honey. I promised pictures and here they are. This little gem of a hotel is minutes from Ventura. It's called the Cliff House. It's my newest favorite place to get away. I really didn't want to come home. I love home, but did you get a look at this view?!
The weather was in the low 70's and absolutely perfect for sitting by the pool and catching up on reading.
Of course there was ping pong if you got tired of lounging by the pool. Mr. Honey worked up a good sweat trying to beat me at ping pong, l.o.l.
After getting a tan in the Bahamas earlier in the summer, Mr. Honey wasn't about to let his tan fade. Did you notice? Mr. Honey shaved off his beard for my birthday. Doesn't he look great without that old beard? 
Admittedly, the hotel room wasn't anything fancy, but with a view looking out over the ocean, who cares if there is hair dryer in the room, or an ironing board for that matter. Who's going to waste time ironing when you can be soaking up the sun?

The Cliff House has a four star restaurant where we indulged in some pretty fabulous food. I ate wild salmon covered in artichokes a top a mound of pesto flavored mashed potatoes. Sorry, I didn't get a picture of my dinner, but below, you will notice we got our dessert to go. Flourless chocolate cake with rasberry sauce and fresh rasberries. Yum!




5 comments:
This looks beautiful! I'll have to check it out...but Kathy girl - what's with the laptop, you're on vacation!!!
It certainly does look like a lovely spot!
I am so glad you found wonder and magic at my blog and I see you have it in your heart and it was shining on your vacation. You brought the sun to the coast with your smile and I know they thank-you for it. Blessings dear dear Kathleen!
Looks heavenly.
Have I ever seen a sky so blue?!
Hi Kathy! Looks like a great place to get away. Good for you and Happy Birthday!
Kim
Post a Comment