It's the Sixth "Sunday Favorites" over at Chari's Happy To Design, so when you are through here see the other favorite past posts of all my blogging friends by clicking here. I hope everyone is having a fabulously blessed Sunday!
Here I am with my husband Richard, as a newlywed in the '70's , sitting with my mother, sister, and sister in-law, in front of the fountain I walked past everyday on my way to school. This fountain is still there , at the intersection of Wilshire Blvd. and Santa Monica Blvd. in Beverly Hills.
After my parents divorced my mother, sister Nonie, & I moved to L.A. where we found the beach a wonderful place to forget about our troubles. I remember my mother bundeling Nonie and I up in the early hours and whisking us off to the beach to watch the sunrise. Some of my happiest memories were spent at the beach.
My sister Nonie, my mother & I pose for a picture in front of the first apartment we lived in after moving to L.A.
This was Christmas in that first apartment when I must have been about five and Nonie was about seven. My mother must have been only two years older than my oldest daughter is now (that would be 35). She was a knockout, that's for sure.
Another happy day at Muscle Beach in Santa Monica. Aren't we just too cute for words?

This apartment is in Beverly Hills on Young Drive where I spent my high school years. It was the second apartment we lived in on Young Drive. My mother loved living on Young Drive because I don't think she ever believed that she would get old.

Here I am sitting on the steps of an apartment we lived in on Orange Grove in Hollywood. The last time I lived in this apartment I was nine years old. It had a cool fire escape that Nonie and I liked sitting out on while looking at the people passing by.

This apartment is in Beverly Hills on Young Drive where I spent my high school years. It was the second apartment we lived in on Young Drive. My mother loved living on Young Drive because I don't think she ever believed that she would get old.

Here I am sitting on the steps of an apartment we lived in on Orange Grove in Hollywood. The last time I lived in this apartment I was nine years old. It had a cool fire escape that Nonie and I liked sitting out on while looking at the people passing by.




13 comments:
It's very poignant to walk down memory lane with you! Nice work!
I read this post yesterday Kathy... and I went to bed last night thinking about Beverly Hills and Young Drive. I don't remember the apt in Orange Grove but I was probably there. The apt on Young Drive you are sitting in front of...that's not the one I remember, right? That's not the one with the inside entrance?
Your mom was so beautiful and so classy. That sounds like her wanting you to see the sunrise on the beach!
I love all these pictures!
Jill, You are absolutely right. The apartment you see in the picture is the second apartment we lived in on Young Dr. The one you remember is right next door to that one, I just couldn't find a picture of it. Kathy
Nice pictures. It's so fun to look through old ones and then revisit the setting to see how much has changed. TFS
That was very nice. Looks like your little family had fun together. I loved your comment about your mother & Young Dr. I'd be the same way. Better than living on Old Lady Dr. lol. Thanks for visiting my blog & leaving me a comment about my bedroom. My window with the poster of vintage Paris behind it is my favorite thing in my room.
What a beautiful poost! I am glad you shared this again cause I missed it the first time. Your pictures with your mom and sister are precious. My fave is the one where you were all in swimsuits, so cute!...Christine
It's great that you have kept all those photos over the years.
I loved every single one of these photos AND the memories that went with them.
Maybe you could post this AGAIN on "Friday's Favorite Family Foto" over here:
http://picturespotspens.blogspot.com
(Unless you already have and I missed it)
It would certainly fit!!!
What beautiful pictures and beautiful memories...yes, you are right, your mom was gorgeous!
Did she ever remarry?
Hi Kathy...
So happy to have you join in with the fun of Sunday Favorites this week, my friend!
What a great post...I loved seeing photos of you while you were growing up!!! You and your sis are just so cute and your mama sure is a pretty lady!!! Ohhh, what I would give to have a shape and legs like hers...wink!!! Isn't it fun to go back to the places where we grew up...I still do that once in awhile...it's fun to see the changes made to the homes where I lived and of course, there is always a trip down memory lane!!! Thanks for sharing a little bit of your life with us...
Have a great week, my friend!
Warmest wishes,
Chari
how neat! thank you for sharing Kathy~
GM My friend...Yes you are right your Mama was a Knockout...I also spend alot of time on the beaches in S,Cal as a kid we lived in Long Beach and I so loved the Pike...well great trip down memory lane for me today...those were the simpler times in life..when Mom's knew where there kids were without cell phones...May you have a great day my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria
What a delightful blog!!! I just found you... and loved going back down memory lane with you. Your MOM was beautiful then, I love the photo of you all under the sand at the beach, Precious... I'm "following" you....xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... Stop in anytime, love to sit a spell with you...
Post a Comment