
The morning started off with getting the kids bicycles decorated for the neighborhood parade. This has been a tradition for at least the last 30 years. My girls enjoyed it when they were growing up and now my grandsons look forward to it too.
Green plaid with red madras shorts...really? Our middlest grandson had to endure a bit of teasing from his Nana and Papa. You will notice in later photos Grant has an appropriate red, white and blue T on.





I always enjoy seeing friends that I haven't seen for a while at the parade.
There was music and dancing at one house along the way.
While passing the house that I raised my girls in, I met the new owner and she was so sweet to invite me in to see the changes she made. She just finished remodeling the kitchen and I loved what she did. I wish I'd had the presence of mind to pull my camera out of my pocket. Oh well. Anyway, the new owner replaced the old cabinets with bead board cabinets and the tile with granite counter tops. She also added a bathroom where the old laundry room used to be. She also redid the wood floors where there used to be carpet. I always wanted to do that. The porch swing is still there, still being a favorite spot to rest.
The houses that dotted the parade route were dressed for the occasion.
I miss my dear friend Nancy, who is spending the summer with her husband and eldest granddaughter at their summer home on Lopez Island. Below is Nancy and Richie's son Mark with their daughter in-law Misty, and their granddaughters Eva and Ella.


7 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I miss our hometown parade!
I'm glad to be able to see this snapshot of life. It's amazing that it's gone on for 30 years!
What a gift that you got to go inside your last home. How long did you live there....were you living there when Amanda was a baby?...if so, then I remember that house well.
What a great neighborhood tradition!
We moved into this house the day before Brook was born,Jill. This is the house that you would have likely visited when the kids were young.
What a charming
and sweet tradition.
I love anything that
is patriotic and
when you add kids
and smiling faces,
it just doesn't get
any better! I had
to smile at the plaid
on plaid....such a
BOY thing to do; it's
really endearing!!
xx Suzanne
Hi Kathleen,
Love the homemade banners that decorate the homes on the parade route. Love the folks dancing in their driveway! So Americana. Makes my heart melt. I love Patriotism and wish it was on diplay more. Thanks for the great photos and allowing us to feel the Spirit of your Hometown Parade. xoxo Amy
Hi Kathy....
I'd love to have seen photos of the new kitchen.... maybe next time.. It's always so much fun to see a re-do. That's one of the many things I LOVE about Bloggyville... Lots of re-do's. I can't believe some of the great ideas chickies come up with.
Your family's adorable... even with the PLAID GRAND... :-) He's cute as a button too.
Have a wonderful weekend.
Huggies,
Spencer
Post a Comment