Sunday, June 7, 2009

Sunday Morning Breakfast

Every Sunday, for about as long as I can remember, Mr. Honey has made waffles for breakfast.
Whenever he is out of town, however, I am in charge of the family breakfast. I say family breakfast because my daughter, son in-law and grandsons live right next door, and it has been a tradition, since my daughter got married, to have Sunday morning breakfast at our house. When Mr. Honey is out of town, instead of waffles, I whip up blueberry scones, bacon, scrabbled eggs, and this morning, fresh peaches from our peach tree, yum. Then off to church they go.

Since I started working, about a month ago, my whole routine has changed and I wake up alot earlier than I used to. I rather like my new inner body clock. Before the kids arrived this morning I had picked and pealed the peaches, vacuumed the whole house, made the scones, fixed the coffee, set the table, and prepared breakfast all before 8:30 a.m.
My grandsons always arrive earlier than their parents, so before we sit down to eat, they can catch a bit of the Disney channel, since they don't get that channel at their house.

Doesn't the table look pretty? I made a special pot of English breakfast tea for my daughter, since she rarely drinks coffee. I bought a new coffee pot at Target, since our old one died. It's so cool. The coffee basket and place where you pore the water pulls out to the front of the coffee maker, instead of being on top. This is nice because my coffee pot sits directly under a cabinet and I used to have to pull the whole pot out in order to get the water in it. I think a woman must have designed this coffee pot. It's by a company called DeLonghi.

There they go, tummies full, off to church. I'm so lucky to have my grandkids so close! Hope everyone has a lovely Sunday.

15 comments:

Cathy~Mille Fleur said...

Kathy,
I am so glad you stopped by today...it is wonderful to hear from you!!!

I love that all of you had breakfast together before going to church...how special!!! Everything looked so good and yummy!!! Your table is sooo pretty!!! What a great way to spend a Sunday morning!!!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend!!!
XOXO
Cathy

Terry said...

Howdy Kathy
Thank you for sharing this awesome blessing.
I really love the table setting and oh wow what a cool coffee maker.
I have got to check this out our's died and it is time for a new one.
May the Lord continue to pour out love and joy upon you all during the week ahead.
Hugs

Linda - Behind My Red Door said...

What a wonderful tradition you have. Such a great way to keep family together!

Thanks for sharing about the coffee pot. Ours is on it's last leg and that might just be the one I need!

Misti of Studio M Designs said...

That is so very sweet Kathy! I wish when my boys move out that they don't move too far away. Hope the job is going well for you!

~Misti

Linda said...

What a wonderful tradition for you and your family. I'm sure this is one of the highlights of your grandchildren's week! I would love it so much to have family live close by, especially next door!

Have a great week!

Kammy said...

Hi Kathy !
Thanks for visiting me !
I love scones - I have never made them are they hard ? Yours look really yummy !
So nice to have the family right next door bet, the grandkids love it - especially that Disney channel, LOL !
Hugs ~ Kammy

The Quintessential Magpie said...

Kathy, that's a great tradition, and I love what you fixed! Sounds delicious and like a lot of fun, too...

XO,

Sheila :-)

Jon and Steph said...

Hi Kathy!

What a neat tradition you have with your family! That would be so wonderful to be that close to family so you can see them on a regular basis!

I am glad that you are liking your new job! It was good to hear from you the other day. I hope you had a wonderful weekend.

Julie said...

What a nice tradition...and a smart coffee pot design, for sure!

Grandma Honey said...

This tradition of memories will be part of your grandsons forever. Can't you just hear them when they are older saying how they just went right next door to their grandparents every Sunday morning to the best breakfasts ever!

Kathy @ Sweet Up-North Mornings... said...

How fortunate to have the Grands so close so off to Church you go all together....They will grow up and remember these wonderful times and so will You my friend, xoxo~Kathy~ @ Sweet Up-North Mornings...

Diane Gauthier said...

Love your blog!! Wish I could be there for breakfast!!!
love,
Diane

Anne Marie said...

Hi Kathy! just wanted to pop in :)

Anonymous said...

Nice coffee pot. One of these days I need to show you my waffle recipe.

BTW, those scones are REALLY good!

Mr. Honey

Blondie's Journal said...

Oh, I would love if one or both of my daughter's lived next door once they started a family, actually, once they left home!! I will miss them so much once they leave!!

What a wonderful tradition you have on Sundays. And you really go all out. You are a sweetie!!

I read your birthday tribute to your daughter Brooke. It made me laugh and want to cry a little too. She sounds precious!

Have a wonderful weekend, Kathy. I really enjoyed visiting your blog!

xoxo
Janie

Related Posts with Thumbnails