Saturday, June 13, 2009

Blue Monday: Feeling blue without you


Back in March my husband was laid off his job after 15 years of service. During the time he was working, he never got more than one week off at a time for vacation. I don't mean to make him sound deprived, he certainly wasn't. He had, after all, three weeks of vacation time a year (just not all at once). He worked twelve days straight with three day weekends on occasion. No one has ever accused him of being lazy. He has always worked very hard to provide for his family. He has taken his responsibilities very seriously.
That being said, I think it was high time for a rest, and some time to reflect on his life and where he wants to go next. It's like having a chance for a second start, a new beginning. A six week sailing trip ought to more than make up for all the years of only taking a week at a time! L.O.L.


What better place to reflect than on a boat, sailing to the Bahamas? When his brother invited him to fly to the Florida Keys to go sailing he jumped at it. Could anyone blame him? Certainly not me. After all, when I wanted to go to London to visit a girlfriend for a month he gave me his blessing. He knew my trip to London was a long time dream, so turnabout was fair play.
I think my nephew took these pictures and I'm so glad he shared them with me (hope he doesn't mind me sharing them with all of you). It makes me so happy to see Mr. Honey looking so content.

What better blue for Blue Monday than ocean blue? Maybe next year I'll be able to go with him -- that is, if I can find a good sea sickness remedy.
Be sure and visit Smiling Sally to see all the other Blue Monday posts.

26 comments:

Linda said...

How wonderful for your husband to be on this trip of a lifetime...he looks like he's enjoying it immensly.

I wish him luck in his future career. My husband is at the same crossroad. It's exciting to see what the future holds.

Take care and have a great week!

Dixie said...

that is some beautiful blue...

opinionated... yep... you are definately welcome in "My World"...

Jon and Steph said...

Wow, what a fantastic opportunity! No wonder your husband jumped at it!

But I'm with you, I need lots of sea sick medicine before I even think about getting on a boat! ;) Just the though of it makes my stomach turn!!

Hope you had a wonderful weekend!

Tiedupmemories said...

A little R&R is definately what he needs! I belive there's always a reason for everything and so like you said.. He can start fresh and have start over.Life is full of surprises!That trip to London sounds fun too!We went a couple years ago..Loved it!!
Tracy

Mary Bergfeld said...

What a great day they had. The blue of the sea is mesmerizing. Thank you for sharing your photos with us. Have a wonderful day.

Gee said...

Thanks for sharing the photos with us. Such a beautiful sea and an opportunity not to be missed by your husband.

Gee Malaysia

Maya said...

What a great blue Monday post. Cheers to him! We all do need time to stop and reflect..., and the ocean is such an inspiration in general.

srp said...

It takes time just to be still and know .... what it is you need to do next. We live in trying times... some blue ocean breezes will hopefully clear those worries away!

claudie said...

Beautiful blue sky for your hubby. He sure looks relaxed. What an opportunity. Now your trip to London sound fun!!
Happy Blue Monday
Love Claudie
xoxox

Mary said...

What a wonderful Blue Monday post! Your husband sounds like a great guy, how nice for him to have a brother like that. :O)Mary @Boogieboard Cottage

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

What wonderful photos! Your hubby certainly deserved this trip! Happy Blue Monday.

Blessings,
Sandi

Kimberly said...

Good for him! There's nothing like a trip to the Bahama's to cheer you up. ;-)

Coloradolady said...

I am thrilled for your husband, reading about him, so reminded me of my own husband, hardly EVER has or has had time off at one time....now I don't want him to lose his job, but.....the rest does a body good. Have a great Blue Monday.

Knitty said...

That sounds like a trip of a lifetime!

momof3girls said...

oh how wonderful! God is good - I am so glad that you both had time to relaxe!

Ashley ~ said...

That pretty blue water is making me want to head to the beach*! Love your blog*! _Ashley

Terry said...

Happy Blue Monday
What gorgeous blue water .
Oh I so want to pack up and head to the beach after seeing these great photos.
Thank you so much for sharing.
I am so happy for you both.
Have a great week.
Happy Trails

Susan @ A Southern Daydreamer said...

you and your husband have great attitudes... your post made me smile. God bless you both! Hope you had a Happy Blue Monday ~ Susan

Susan said...

What a great trip- wonderful photos...thank the nephew!
Happy Blue Monday

SmilingSally said...

Your husband is enjoying his special time, and thanks for sharing. However, you forgot to leave me a comment. Please come back. Happy Blue Monday.

RobinfromCA said...

Now there is a man who looks very relaxed! Oh, and beautiful blue too!

Happy Blue Monday!
Robin@Miscellaneous Thoughts

Debbie@Like a Rose said...

Wow, sounds like he got laid off about the same time I did. Good for you for encourage him to take some time. I must admit, I am a little envious that he's getting to do his thinking on a beautiful blue ocean!

fitty's pinky rose cottage said...

blue sky and blue ocean, great combo for great time! looks like you hubby had one!

Happy Monday

ItaJeff said...

Wonderful vacation

I'm a little bit late for my blue monday's round, hope you had a great blues all around.

Lots of luv
Ita

Grandma Honey said...

You are such a good wife to realize this is what Richard needs right now. Sometimes our challenges turn out to be a sort of blessing.

Kathy's hubby said...

Many many thanks to my sweet wonderful wife for working while I go off to play. I love you, honey. I wish you were here.

I never thought being out of work would be so enjoyable.

Mr Honey

Related Posts with Thumbnails