Friday, June 5, 2009

The Rental House

A few months back I posted before pictures on a rental that Mr.Honey and I bought,right before he lost his job. Thankfully, the house is now rented to a lovely young couple who will be newlyweds in August. We scrubbed, painted, hung blinds and did minor repairs and, voila, it was ready to rent.

It's so hard to tell from the pictures how different the place looks, but it really does look 100% better than it did before.

I love the difference painting the cabinets black made. They now look like brand new cabinets.


In the bathroom I painted the mirror frame and the cabinet black as well. I put new old fashioned crystal knobs on the cabinet and painted the center screw black to make it work. I forgot to take a picture of the hotel style white shower curtain we hung. Boo hoo! It looks so fresh and clean. We also hung new towel bars with a black finish.


The bedrooms looked great with a simple coat of white paint and new blinds for privacy. I really got carried away in my head. I wanted to hang pictures and drapes and I simply had to slap myself to keep from going overboard. Can you imagine what I could have done if I had a Pottery Barn credit card to go wild with? L.O.L.

The laundry room had an ugly exposed water heater, so I hung a curtain with a rod in the hem to keep it from blowing anywhere near the pilot light and the fresh coat of white paint made it look so nice.

9 comments:

Marty@A Stroll Thru Life said...

What a great job, and some really creative ideas for updating. So glad you have it rented. Hugs, Marty

Grandma Honey said...

It's amazing what elegance black accents bring. And the white offsets it with brightness. You did a great job!

Amanda said...

You did such a great job on that, Mom. Those are some lucky renters! :)

Domestic Designer said...

All of your hard work really paid off. It looks just wonderful!

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

What a great space for a young couple...is't it amazing what paint can do to updated something...love this...May you have a great weekend my friend...hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

Kim said...

Wow that looks spectacular Kathy. I love black cabinets!!! Great job!

cathy said...

cleaning...fun... not! wonderful job, it looks great!

Yolanda said...

I love the wonderful job you and Mr. Honey did. Maybe Mr. Honey should think about hiring himself out??

The Quintessential Magpie said...

They are going to love this, Kathy! You did such a good job!

XO,

Sheila :-)

Related Posts with Thumbnails