Our second stop was the Pottery Barn store. Oh girls, it was a tactile experience. We got to touch many of the items that we sell on the phone everyday. We ooohed and ahhed and walked away with a few bargains that we purchased with our generous discounts.
Of course everything was beautifully displayed and we not only purchased a few things we came away inspired. I bought a new lunch bag for work and a glass dispenser to make sun tea in. I'll save lots of money making my own iced tea, instead of spending going through the drive through on the way to work.
Margaret likes to say she went to Pottery Barn to buy dirt, but really she bought the most lovely sand and a bag of sea shells to recreate the beachy feel of this display inside a latern she already owns.
Still hungry for some more bargains we headed to the local Home Store where Margaret found this darling chicken and Suzie found some great towels and other necessities.
I bought a book for $3.99 on how to keep your heart healthy and a stack of notes to use at work for messages. The notes were only $5 and had the same little Paris scene on the side of the stack that this cute box, below, has on it.
Unfortunately the pretty shiney cannisters below didn't photograph as beautifully as they appeared in the store.
Margaret controlled herself and didn't purchase this lovely chicken tureen, but we had to, at the very least, get a picture of her holding it.The time shopping at the first two stores passed so quickly we didn't realize how hungry we were, so off to Wood Ranch for lunch we went. I must have been too hungry to think about taking a picture of us at the restaurant, and I forgot to ask the waiter to take our picture. We all three had the most delicious steak salad and sweet potato fries and enjoyed every morsel, but we didn't need a nap, no, we were fueled up and ready to shop some more.
We left Valencia and headed for the Grove in Hollywood. I thought it would be fun to stop at a place called The Farm for desert and what better desert than S'mores. We lit those marshmellows on fire and laughed and laughed. It was like being back in the Girl Scouts without the little green uniforms.

After satisfying our sweet teeth we headed to Pottery Barn Kids, where summer was in full swing. Pretty little adorondike chairs greeted us as we entered the front door.

We all loved the beachy bedding and getting to feel the quality and fabric was a real treat.
Who could resist Dr. Sues? This bedding was absolutely adorable.
The American Doll Company was also at the Grove, so we had to check it out. Can you believe there is a doll beauty parlor in that place and little girls were lining up to have their dolls hair couiffed.

The next stop was Sur La Table where I found a fleur de lis cookie cutter and a darling $5 tea towel that had an appliqued jar of jam on it that said Homemade. I had to get it for my daughter who loves to make her own jam.
So many pretty kitchen things in one place. I was sure tempted to get that sealed envelope that held the earnings from Mr. Honey's Jeep and buy the place up, but I didn't.
I love the Grove because it's outdoor shopping at it's finest and there is always music and excitement in the air. Margaret and Suzie pose for a picture with all their loot. We are loyal Pottery Barn associates, but we felt a little sad for Crate and Barrel so we picked up a few clearance items.

After satisfying our sweet teeth we headed to Pottery Barn Kids, where summer was in full swing. Pretty little adorondike chairs greeted us as we entered the front door.
We all loved the beachy bedding and getting to feel the quality and fabric was a real treat.
Who could resist Dr. Sues? This bedding was absolutely adorable.
The American Doll Company was also at the Grove, so we had to check it out. Can you believe there is a doll beauty parlor in that place and little girls were lining up to have their dolls hair couiffed.
The next stop was Sur La Table where I found a fleur de lis cookie cutter and a darling $5 tea towel that had an appliqued jar of jam on it that said Homemade. I had to get it for my daughter who loves to make her own jam.
So many pretty kitchen things in one place. I was sure tempted to get that sealed envelope that held the earnings from Mr. Honey's Jeep and buy the place up, but I didn't.
I love the Grove because it's outdoor shopping at it's finest and there is always music and excitement in the air. Margaret and Suzie pose for a picture with all their loot. We are loyal Pottery Barn associates, but we felt a little sad for Crate and Barrel so we picked up a few clearance items.








11 comments:
Oh how fun!!! I love shopping. It looks like you girls had a blast and it seems like you picked up some great bargain items! Glad you had a great weekend with some great friends ;)
Awww...a day of shopping, eating and being with girlfriends. It just doesn't get any better than that.
I enjoyed reading your tender post about your dad. I'm so happy you were able to reconnect with him and find peace before he left this earth. I cannot get over how handsome his photo is at the top!
How fun!!!!Nothing better then the girlfriends on an outing together!!!!Finding treasures!!! Took our two grands to American girl in Chicago yesterday, Recognized the Beauty parlor scene!!! Ha! Fun, fun, xoxo~Kathy@ Sweet Up-North Mornings...
Kathy, this looks like so much fun! What a day you all had! Looks like you found some great loot. You had me with the first pic of those blue pillows! I was a goner. LOL! The lunch and dessert look like fun, too, and so did the Pottery Barn Kids. I think so many times that kids things can also work well for adults... with quilts and sheets particularly. So glad you had a great outing. Wish I could have been with you...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Looks like lots of fun. The little indoor s'mores burners are great!
Hey~ We did a Pottery Barn Kids this past weekend too! Holly is almost 17 but wanted the felt fairy house so bad, heehe! Looks like a great time was had by all in your group.
Blessings~LillySue
That sounds so much FUN! I LOVE love love Sur Le Table...and PB too, of course1
Hi Kathy!
I just found your blog. It's darling.
I can't wait to spend more time reading.
Melissa
Sunbonnet Cottage
Now, THAT looks like a day a FUN! I love Pottery Barn Kids....I think they have some great cottage style things! And, Sur la Table??? YUMMMM! We don't have one close-by....oh, how I wish.... :-)
Hugs!
Spence
~WOWEE! That looks so fun!
My kind of stores for sure. ;)
What a fun shopping day you and your friends had! You visited some of my favorite stores and a few we don't have nearby. I enjoyed some of your other stories too. Your Father's Day post was especially sweet; I loved the part about the orange... often, we don't realize the feelings of others like you did.
Post a Comment