

A few months ago I had a garage sale to clear out the clutter and rekindle a childhood passion. With the money I earned from my garage sale, I convinced my husband that we had both room and time for ping pong. It was a hard sell, believe you me, as my dear husband has no tolerance for anything other than his Jeep paraphernalia stored in his revered garage space. If there is one thing that I am, it's convincing. I just pulled the "don't dash my dreams" card.
Every marriage should come with a ping pong table. Let's say you have difficult issues to talk about. If you play ping pong while communicating, any hostility that arises can be easily deflected to the ball. Ping pong is also a wonderful way to stay in shape, and, let's face it, staying in shape can't hurt a marriage. No matter how bad you are at the game, the grandkids will always be ready to play with you. Passion, laughter and balls, it's a winning combination! L.O.L.

Be sure and visit Chari at Happy to Design to see more Sunday Favorite posts. Chari is our lovely hostess and if you've never visited her before now is the time to join in the fun. Just click here to learn more.


16 comments:
Love your backyard, and your little flower pots. I clicked it so I could get it larger to view. Very charming.
I have ping pong at work. It makes the office quite enjoyable. Plus, since we have no heater, it is a great way to warm up. Can't wait to beat you when I get home. ;-)
That's a great idea - ping pong and communication! :)
Oooooo eerie - - - I was just hovering my mouse over YOUR comments when I got an e-mail saying you'd just put a comment on my blog.
Looks like you're not the ONLY one who likes the ping pong table.
Where do you put it in the winter???? Or do you play out in a snow bank. Or do you live in some tropical zone where you don't have to worry about such things?
Thanks for visiting me! Unfortunately I´m not very good at pingpong although the thought of communicating or arguing while playing sounds interesting!
Have a nice day,over here it´s sunny and HOT!
Liisa
That is soooo cute! Blessings.
Yes a ping pong game is a good way to hash things out. Far better than playing darts.
every time I see ping-pong I think Forest Gump... LOL and it makes me smile...
I agree... family fun gives opportunity for so many other things... we don't have pingpong... but we do have a pool table... fun!
Nice backyard space, I wouldn't have a snowballs chance in MS in Aug to get a table, first really no room and secondly DH doesn't like playing games and it would be a waste to him. I used to love playing ping pong in school.
Molly
When I looked at the picture of you and your daughters, I couldn't figure out which one was you!
Ping Pong must keep you young!
Unfortunately I don't have an athletic bone in my body. I'd have the ball in the neighbor's yard way more than on the table!
I like your thinking. Sounds like ping pong is the answer to a lot of life's problems. Who knew?
Melissa :-)
It seems like it would be hard to fight while playing ping pong. I'm glad you were able to convince your husband to get the table. :)
Howdy Kathy
Oh my this is fantastic.
Hubby and I have been trying to think of something for the patio for the younger crowd.
I had not thought of Ping Pong in years.
We had a ping pong many years ago and played all the time .
Whenever the baby left the nest we donated it to the youth group at church and forgot all about it .
Thank you for the answer to a nagging question this past month :)
It seemes like the obvious choice now that you brought it up !
Thank you my blogging sister.
Happy Trails
Hugs
Oh wow -- we had a Ping Pong table in our basement when I was a kid-- spent hours playing, AND playing house underneath it.
I loved ping pong -- I even like the SOUND it makes!
Cass
I haven't played ping pong in years, but I remember really liking it when I played then, although I was terrible at it.
Hi Kathy! Good to hear from you. I know we both have been so busy lately. Hope you are enjoying your new job! We really need a ping pong table around here, and I laughed out loud at the thought of "communicating" during a game of ping pong! Too funny!!!!!! Hope you have a great holiday weekend!
~Misti
Post a Comment