Monday, September 5, 2011

An Evening at the Crystal Palace

Forty years ago I didn't care for country western music at all, but that all changed when the girl from Beverly Hills married the boy from Bakersfield. Over the last thirty eight years I have acquired a real love of country music and it's almost all I listen to anymore.

Mr. Honey had a great idea when he heard two of his brothers and their wives were coming to town for a visit. He thought it would be fun for us all to go to dinner at the Crystal Palace and listen to music played by Buck Owens Buckaroos. (Sorry my flash was on for the photo above)

The Crystal Palace is a great place to celebrate any occasion or to just have a good dinner and fun night out.


This mural is at the entrance to welcome in the guests.

Diane and Marjolein dance right on up to the statue of Merle Haggard and smile for the camera.

The Crystal Palace is like a plethora of Buck Owens memorabilia. Buck's Cadillac displayed for all to see above the bar. Old black and white photos of famous celebrities line the powder room walls. I wish I had taken more photos. Old stage costumes and mementos are encased in glass windows that line the surrounding walls to the restaurant.




Once the music starts, the line dancing begins. It's as fun to watch as it is to do.

My sister in-laws wasted no time getting up and giving it a whirl. I'm too much of an introvert and too shy give it a try, but that didn't damper my enthusiasm!






Photo above: my brother in-law Jay and his wife Robin

My brother in-law Forrest and his wife Marjolein.

My brother in-law Dave and his wife Diane.

My sister in-law Sherree and her husband Fred.

Yours Truly and Mr. Honey

2 comments:

Grandma Honey said...

Richard sure has an outgoing-dance the-night-away family!

Privet and Holly said...

Looks like a
fun group ~ and
a VERY fun night!
I love to cut loose
at weddings, but
I've never line-
danced.....
xx Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails