Difficult times have helped me to understand better than before how infinitely rich and beautiful life is in every way and that so many things that one goes worrying about are of no importance whatsoever. ~ Isak Dinesen
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
Amen. Very nicely said.
Oh yes, I just love everything she writes. Thank you for this...I will carry it with me in my heart all week!
Beautiful!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Definitely something to ruminate on, Kathleen! And, I love the picture, too. Hope all is well with you, today! xx Suzanne
I think this sentence would also be used often by older people towards the end of their lives. I've read that the elderly are often happier than the younger more healthier ones. I guess because they have truly learned to be grateful for the joy they do have.
I so believe this quote...worry is such a complete waste of time and energy..hugs for a great day. oxoxo
So True, I need to read this daily.
It is true, but it is human nature to worry, some more than others. I remember my mom saying of a flighty person, "She has nothing on her mind but her hat!" I guess it would be good to be that way As you get through the trials in life, you do fear what will happen next.
Wise words. I am actively trying to live my life in this way. It doesn't always work, but I do feel like it is truly important to keep trying.
Have a wonderful weekend, Kathleen.
xoxo,
-maria
Hey Kathleen,
What a lovely site - so peaceful and beautiful. Love the quote and love seeing you and your beautiful daughters.
Hugs,
Lauren
It's true, and often worthwhile to look forward and imagine oneself looking back to the supposedly worrying thing to see it in context. And now I must visit Twig.
beautifully put and oh so true! hope all is well :) susan
Post a Comment