My obsession with red doors began when I was quite young. My mother worked for Elizabeth Arden's in Beverly Hills. Elizabeth Arden Salon's red door was their trademark and I think my mother thought it a brilliant way to brand their high class spas. I believe that is why my own mother wanted to be known for her very own red door, so every apartment that we lived in where the landlord allowed, my mother painted her front door red! It left quite and impression on me growing up.
Hence, my own obsession with a red door welcome has followed me. When I decided to start my first blog, the name Kathleen's Red Door Welcome was the first of my many inspirations.
I can remember my mother saying, "a little dash of red in a room brings life and energy to the room".
Red is the color of passion, energy and action. It is said to excite and motivate us to take action.
Red awakens our physical life force. It has the potential to give those that may be more shy or lacking in will power the confidence needed. Put on a red dress and see what happens when you walk in a room!
I find that where ever I am greeted with a red door I feel welcomed and invited to be myself. It may not have the same affect on everyone, but for me, red is a winner!


1 comment:
Love all of your red doors, they are awesome! I do think red is a powerful and wonderful color! I can see why you love red and have since you were little, so sweet!
Post a Comment