Ever feel like you are emerging from a dark place and your life is being transformed before your very eyes? When I first started blogging I had just lost my mother to Dementia. It was a very sad and stressful time in my life. It was almost as if because my mother couldn't be happy I couldn't be happy either. I ate my sorrows. As she was disappearing I was expanding. I couldn't focus on my own feelings because they would have devoured me. The whole process of grieving started long before she actually died. I cried buckets of tears long before she departed. There was a certain amount of relief when I no longer had to watch her suffer. Then when she was gone I just felt empty and sad.
My mother was my rock. I could always count on her steady sure faith to give me balance. When she was gone I had to stand on my own with only her voice in my head to guide me.
In 2009 my husband lost his job and at the age of 60 he had to start over. I went back to work and had to learn new skills to compete in the job market where 20 year olds were my competition. I did what I had to do, but it wasn't easy and most of the time it was very stressful. A job that required me to sit most of the day did not help my ever expanding waistline. I tried exercising as consistently as I could, but still it was not helping.
In June of 2014 I finally succumbed to my nieces prodding to let her help me reach my health goals. I had put her off for a year, when I finally admitted to myself that I needed help. I was convinced that I would be her first client to fail. So reluctantly I committed myself, in one last ditch effort to get healthy to let her help me.
I had high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and had been warned by my doctor that I would have a stroke if I did not take control of my health.
Now 10 months later I have lost 65lbs., no longer have high blood pressure and my cholesterol is normal. I feel like I've woken up and am living again for the first time in a very long time.
Now I am coaching and giving the same gift that was given to me back to others. Sometimes in life you have to go through the chaos to get to the transformation.



1 comment:
So proud of you. You look amazing.
Post a Comment