Saturday, August 27, 2011

Celebrating 60 Years






August 20Th I celebrated my 60th birthday at the beach with my girls. I considered having a big party. The thing is, having a big party isn't really my style. I'm more of a one on one kind of person, who enjoys intimate gatherings with just a few. I'm not the kind of woman that would want to exclude anybody either, so having to limit the guest list due to budget constraints would never do.

Photo below: left to right, Amanda my eldest, Lindsay my youngest, myself, and Brook my middle daughter.
I decided a weekend at the beach with my girls would be just the ticket. I decided that months ago before I knew that my daughter who lives in Boston would be in the midst of moving and would not be able to afford a trip to the west coast.


Imagine the smile on my face when Mr. Honey flew Brook home to be my birthday surprise. That was the best birthday gift he could have possibly given me.

We spent Saturday in Santa Barbara having lunch at Pascuccis and then headed to Restoration Hardware to check out the latest trends in furniture. Lindsay was particularly enchanted with this somewhat space age chair.

Amanda and Brook sweetly posed for a photo. You really can't deny your mother a photo opportunity on her birthday, right?

Lindsay thought her boyfriend would love this lounge chair.

My favorite chairs were these linen upholstered wing backs with the fabulous map of Paris as the backdrop. Brook was quite smitten with the dress forms.

I insisted on one more photo before leaving the store.

On Sunday Mr. Honey brought my grandsons to join us for the day to make my birthday weekend picture perfect!



Below is a photo of my youngest grandson.

My eldest grandson smiles for me.




Below is a photo of my middle grandson with his Auntie Brookie. Mr. Honey teased him mercilessly for wearing his Auntie Lindsay's kitty cat sweat shirt. Being the confidant boy that he is he didn't let his Papa's teasing bother him at all. Shame on you Papa Honey!



At sixty, I wasn't going to let putting on a bathing suit scare me. I've really matured, L.O.L.

6 comments:

Susan Reep said...

It looks like a fine birthday. Nothing better than family.

Mise said...

Happy birthday, Kathleen! What a lovely way to celebrate, and your daughters are beautiful.

Privet and Holly said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY,
dear Kathleen!!
You look absolutely
radiant and so
youthful...I think
because you have
an open and optimistic
outlook....and your
beautiful family must
keep you young, too.
What a great weekend.
I'm with you; I don't
want a big hoopla for
my next b-day, which is
also a biggie. Sending
you love and hugs!
xx Suzanne

koralee said...

Happy Belated Birthday to you...looks like you had an amazing time. xoxo

freddeduke said...

Happy Birthday!!!! You sure don't look 60!!!!!!!!! what a lovely birthday celebration you've been enjoying!!!!! good for you!!!!!!

Jocelyn said...

Happy Birthday!! It looked perfect!!

Related Posts with Thumbnails