This weekend Mr. Honey decided he would shampoo our carpet. I love it when a man works around the house! After having our family reunion at our house and fifty people tramping in and out of the house, our carpet was in sore need of some tender loving care. While I went to coffee with a friend and my daughter, Mr. Honey got to work and made our carpet look like new again.
When my daughter and I were finished visiting with my friend, we headed to one of my favorite little stores called the Green Thumb. When I saw the pillow you see below on display in the store I just had to have it. The hot weather definitely helped me get in touch with my inner witch, so the pillow seemed quite appropriate for me to own.
I got really inspired and decided to play like a six year old with glitter glue and construction paper and pretty holiday ribbon. I made the banner you see hanging on my mantle. I plan to take it with me to work and hang it all around my cubicle. Business had been good, so Pottery Barn has hired 30 new employees and as a result the desk at which I've been sitting is no longer going to be mine, come Monday morning. Management wants to mix us up, so that the new people can get to know everyone. I understand the importance of why they want to mix us up, however I hate change. In an effort to accept this change I am planning on making my new space at work as cute as possible. I already have a glass pumkin filled with candy to share wtih my co-workers and I bought a new plant to brighten my desk. I can't wait to hang my banner.




4 comments:
That does it, after reading this post I've decided I have to decorate. I have a little Fall stuff out, but now I'm bringing it all out!
I am SO happy Fall is here ;) I am with you 100%, I get a little cranky when it's hot and this weather brings out a whole new side of me! I love it!
Oh, and I am right there with you on change, not a huge fan of it!
I hope all is well with you Kathy!
Have a great week ;)
Oh I just love Fall too!!! I am loving the cooler weather...it just makes me happy!!!
Have a wonderful Monday!!!
XOXO
Cathy
I love the banner on your fireplace...too cute!!!
Kathy, how sweet of you to remember your co-workers with candy! They are probably feeling out of sorts, too, since they will either be moving stations or starting a new job, and you could be the one person who makes them feel they can do it! :-) You go, girl!
Glad you've got cooler weather. Still waiting on ours...
XO,
Sheila :-)
Post a Comment