I have been playing a lot of Scrabble on Facebook this year. It's been a great way to stay connected to family and friends. At home I play with my grandsons.


In '08 I was reconnected with a dear friend from my youth. I think she found me on Reunion.com, but I had already been thinking about her and wondering where she had gone. Synchronicity is a strange thing. It really reinforces my belief that we are all already connected at a level that is both surprising and mysterious.
At any rate, I'm so happy she found me. She inspired me to play Scrabble again. I had always loved the game as a kid, but I am rediscovering a passion from my childhood that has become contagious in my adult life. It seems like almost my entire extended family loves Scrabble too. Let's face it, is there anybody out there that doesn't enjoy a game of Scrabble?
While out-of-town family were here for Christmas, my sister-in-law and brother-in-law got my mother-in-law set up on Facebook, and now we are connecting on Facebook via Scrabble. It's really been so much fun. I'm all about having fun these days.
I have been home sick this week with a cold, and the height of my day is to check Facebook and see that it's my turn to play. I have about six games going all the time.
I am learning to embrace pleasure in what ever form it arrives. Right now that would be a game of Scrabble.


10 comments:
I want to play Scrabble with you!
Your on. I'll arrange that.
You have obviously inherited the Rozier game gene that runs rampant in our family. It however bypassed me. :(
Jill, I don't ordinarily like board games, but that said, I still cannot resist a game of scrabble or monopoly.
I'm addicted to facebook scrabble and don't need recovery intervention at this point.
I hate Scrabble.
Wish I could play with you! I love your pic of the words you did and Facebook included in it! :) If you visit again we can play the REAL Scrabble! We've had it here the last two times you've visited, but never thought to get it out! Silly us!! When Facebook allows Germany to play Scrabble I will join you. :)
I didn't know you could play Scrabble on Facebook. I've always loved Scrabble. I'll have to check it out.
what a cute post! and very timely for me -- my daughter and I were just challenging each other to a game of Scrabble, and making small bets as to who would win. Probably me; I cheat.
:-)
Cass
Hi Kathy...
So happy to have you join in with Sunday Favorites this week, my friend! I apologize at being so late to get the post up and running, we ended up staying in Texas a bit longer and I was caught totally unprepared!
Ohhhh myyy...I love Scrabble!!! In fact, my daughters and I played the game while I was down in Texas! I didn't know that you could play via Facebook...I was just considering joining it because my girls have Facebook accts. Thanks for the tip!!!
Have a wonderful week, my friend!
Chari
Post a Comment