Thursday, February 1, 2018

Welcome Through My Aqua Colored Door





Quite a few changes have taken place since I last posted. Mr.Honey and I decided to swap houses with our eldest child after she gave birth to her fifth child in 2016, making the house they lived in much too small for their growing family. We lived right next door to them giving us easy access to our adored grandchildren. The writing was on the wall, they would have to go outside our neighborhood to find a house that was large enough to meet their ever increasing needs.

Now, how was I going to convince Mr.Honey (who after our last move, never wanted to move again)
that we needed to swap our big house for their little bungalow ?  Don't get me wrong, Mr.Honey loved living right next door to our grandchildren as I did, but giving up his big house, now that was a challenge. My best argument was that in fifteen years we would be in our eighties and would no longer want to have to maintain that big house and mostly it would be nice to have our kids still living next door when we reached the next stage of our life, where we might need help.

It took some patience, but Mr. Honey is a smart man, and after exploring other options, he agreed to the big switch. He made me promise that if we moved we would paint the house yellow. He doesn't need to know that wasn't a very big compromise for me! I was ready for a change. I considered painting the door red, after all, my blog does say Kathleen's Red Door Welcome. Like I said I needed a change, so aqua is the new red, lol!

We made the move a month after our daughter had her fifth child and we've never looked back. We have painted the house, remodeled the bathrooms, built a deck and we are almost finished landscaping front and back.

What a blessing to have worked out a solution that makes us all happy!

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails