Sunday, September 23, 2012

Welcome to the World Baby Eliza Jane


The door was decorated to welcome our guests to celebrate Eliza Jane's arrival.
Friends and family brought beautiful gifts to welcome our little Eliza Jane into the world.


Eliza is my daughter's first daughter and her 4th child. Eliza has three older brothers who adore her.

This day of celebration included a couple of birthdays. Actually August 25th the day of the shower would have been my sister's 63rd birthday as well. I know she would be so thrilled for her niece if she were still alive today. Somehow I think she was looking down from heaven so excited for our family!

It was also my son in-laws aunt's birthday August 24Th and August 26Th is Eliza Jane's daddy's birthday...so much to celebrate!


I made a banner that decorated my fireplace mantle for her shower and now hangs over her crib.
What little girl doesn't love shiny new shoes?

Girls must have their accessories to make a good impression, right?
Eliza Jane's Meemaw came all the way from South Dakota to welcome our little angel into the world.
My daughter was thrilled with all the girly gifts!
Holly and her mother (whose birthday was the day of  the shower) examine one of the outfits Eliza received to see how it was crafted.

 
 This delicious cake was from a local bakery that I  have shopped at for many years. It was chocolate cake with a raspberry filling...yummy!
I found this idea for turning a watermelon into a  baby carriage on Pinterest. It was so easy to make. 
Eliza models one of the many beautiful headbands she received.
The menu included raspberry scones, a fritata, mini croissants, fruit salad and cake. To drink we had lemonade mimosas served  in jelly jars with chalkboard labels to mark the names of the guests.
I hung a clothesline between my dining room and the sun room to hand the clothes that were my gift to Eliza Jane. I was too lazy to wrap it all. L.O.L.
Who doesn't like to sip champagne from a straw.
My long time friend from my childhood just happened to be taking her only daughter off to college, so with her car loaded with her daughters belongings they stopped along the way to celebrate with us. Eliza Jane was fascinated with Abby.
I forgot to take a photo of the table when all the food was laid out, so you will just have to imagine it. Below is a photo of Mr. Honey (wearing a pink shirt on to celebrate out little girl) posing for a photo with my childhood friend before she left to take her daughter to college.

3 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

How awesome. I am so happy for you and your family. Eliza Jane is adorable.

AnneMarie said...

Congratulations on the arrival of Eliza Jane (such a pretty name). You must be so excited. Our second Grandchild (first Grandson) arrived on Sept. 21st and we feel so blessed. Life just gets better doesnt it? love from AnneMarie xx

Privet and Holly said...

What a beautiful
and special gathering.
There was some love
in those details, Grammy!

Know you will enjoy
precious Eliza Jane!!!

xo Suzanne

Related Posts with Thumbnails