It's Blue Monday at Smiling Sally's and I've gotten a very late start! If you're getting a late start too join in here, and then maybe I won't feel so bad. L.O.L.
This is also a belated Happy Birthday tea for Lady Katherine and to my cousin Jill whose birthday I also missed. "I'm late, I'm late, for a very important date", what else can I say? I hope Lady Katherine and my cousin Jill celebrate their birthdays all month long! Care for tea and birthday strawberries? They are quite delicious! Notice that the new Artful Blogging magazine just happens to be blue for the occasion. The teapot once belonged to my sister and the blue and white dishes to my mother, who are celebrating with us from heaven. If you drink too much tea please feel free to use my very blue powder room.
I purchased a new dress form, shown below, to hang my jewelery on. I just love it. It was a bargain at the Home Goods store.
I decided to put my Eiffel Tower on the other side of the sink to balance out the black wire dress form that you see below. I love it in here.Just in case you're wondering that bowl on the counter is for my cat's water. She only likes the freshest, cleanest water.
I purchased a new dress form, shown above, to hang my jewelery on. I just love it. It was a bargain at the Home Goods store.
I hope you all have a week full of nice surprises and unexpected blessings!
I hope you all have a week full of nice surprises and unexpected blessings!


























46 comments:
Oh Kathy your powder room is ADORABLE! Those strawberries are huge and they look so delicious. Perfect for dipping in chocolate. ;)
Hello Kathy,
You are so kind to have a tea for Lady Katherine.
She is such a special lady.
Your new dress form for holding jewelry is adorable! Pretty topiary curtain too.
Have a wonderful week.
`Melissa :)
I will certainly have tea with you! I love your powder room. I am currently redoing my black and white powder room. It has tile almost like yours! I love your window treatment and of course the dress form and the cute Eiffel tower! You did great!
My guest bathroom is blue and white too! Thanks for sharing. Happy Blue Monday.
Kathy, What a lovely tea party and I adore your blue powder room! The threads of France in the room put a smile on my face! ;) ~CC Catherine from "Catherine de th`e Cups"
Love your blue post! Lovely!
Hugs,
Sheri~~Prim Rose Hill Studio
I also have a dress form in pink. I love your Eiffel tower also.
I must warn you. I was hanging my silver jewelry on my form and with it being exposed to the elements it turned on me. Just giving you a heads up. I now put costume jewelry on it. My Tiffany bracelet now needs to go to the polishing doctor.
Happy Blue Monday and HB to Lady Katherine.
Love Claudie
xoxo
P.S. I do not use my blogger account and would kindly ask you to change your "Choose an identity" to read NAME/URL
1. Go to: Settings / Comments
2. Find the following option: Who can comment?
3. Choose "Anyone - includes Anonymous Us
Thanks so much it make it easier to comment.
Kathy,
I love the furniture piece in your second photo...gorgeous!!! Your new dress form is such a cute way to display jewelry...the Eiffel Tower balances it out perfectly!!!
Lady Katherine is a very lucky lady to be having all these celebrations!!! At our house we just call it your "Birthday Month".
It's a given that it will be celebrated for a month!!!lol:)
Have a wonderful day!!!
XOXO
Cathy
That dress form looks like it was used in a Lilliputian tailor's shop! Clever idea.
Kathy,
That is a gorgeous blue post.
Love that cabinet!!
Thanks for looking at myt sand dollars, and other blue treasures.
Blessings,
Barbara Jean
Hi Kathy! I love the tea tray you prepared. Lovely!! I'm a sucker for Blue and white dishes! Your powder room is fabulous!! happy blue monday to you...
Hi Kathy, Thanks for visiting my blog. I can see that your a fan of blue and white also! I love your blue walls and white furniture and the way you pulled everything together. :O) Mary at Boogieboard Cottage
Hi Kathy,
Love all your blue! Lovely.
Blessings,
Sandi
Kathy...thanks so much for visiting today! I love your treasures from Home Goods...that place is a danger zone for me!
:) :) ;) :P Leaving you funny faces!!! LOL
I love the window treatment fabric! You post on my blog bought tears to my eyes.
Joyce
Everything looks so welcoming! Excuse me while I slip into the powder room to wash my hands before I dig into those strawberries!
Happy Blue Monday!
Robin
Lovely blues!! Cute little dress form for your jewelry!
Very beautiful blues!!!
How very very sweet of you to remember me this way. I love to enlarge your pictures and study all the detail. You and Nonie always decorated in such a charming way...even back in the 70s.
I love your powder room! And I LOVE Homegoods! Unfortunately, the closest one to me is an hour away ~ but I make the journey often! It is worth it! Thank you for commenting on my blog and becoming a follower. I am doing the same!
Have a great week!
Lou Cinda :)
HI! I love your blues! Wish my bathroom was that clean. HAHAHA
Happy Blue Saturday!
HUgs, Lisa
While your powder room is lovely ,I enjoyed the tray set for tea. Gorgeous. Happy Blue Monday!
Ruby
I not only love your blues, but all the rest of your cutesy stuff too☺
I had no idea that any kind of blogging magazine existed until you posted about it.
Thanks for visiting my blog, and hope you have a good week☺
What a sweet powder room. Happy Blue Monday!
I enjoyed seeing all your blues. thanks for visiting my Carola Nativity Blog. I just had time to post to my Oak Rise Cottage blog for Blue Monday it features artist Helen Read and her Easter week art.
Haha, if you drink too much tea..
Lovely tea party..
Adorable powder room...mine's pale blue too, and beachy..
Thanks for visiting my blog..
Hydrangea grow well here. They like the salt air. I have rooted over 50 bushes..easy to do!
Love the wire dress form and Eiffel tower. What a cute powder room! Amy :)
What beautiful blues you have. That tea pot is lovely and those strawberries look heavenly. Happy blue Monday and thanks for stopping by my blog.
♥, Susan
Kathy - I love your tray and all
the blue ! I think you do love
Paris !!
I will have two lumps with my tea..
hee hee - Hugs ~ Kammy
Beautiful tea setting friend...and love the pretty powder room..especially the bowl for the kitty! lol Funny how our furbabies can get so spoiled! lol Thanks for coming by and I hope you have a great week!
Hi Kathy...Love your sweet tea for Katherine...and how wonderful to use your beautiful inherited pieces. Your powder room is lovely! My kitty is the same way...loves water fresh from the tap...must be the aeration or something. :-) Susan
the mini dress form to hang jewelry on is a fantastic idea! Great blog!
Hi Kathy....Love your pretty blue powder room...the black & white tile is so pretty! and wow, those strawberries are whoppers...lovely tea party for birthday girls Lady Katherine & Cousin Jill... ;-) Bo
Love it, Kathy! Such a great room with wonderful things in it!
And I want that teapot!!! Oh, it's great and the dishes.
Love to you on Blue Monday and always. Let us know how things go with the test!
XO,
Sheila :-)
Yes,I got the nada button from you.tee hee.Thank you for stopping by.I love your blue bathroom.it kinda makes me miss mine.My entire house used to be blue for YEARS-------I think i kinda blued myself to death.now it's mostly pink.ha.
how sweet of you to throw Lady Katherine such a nice party.aw---...Ann
Very pretty post indeed, and I do like your new dress form, I can't seem to pass on by!! Lovely!!
ohh la la.. I love your room, and I really love that cute curtain!! mixing fabric is one of my favorite things!
I love your window treatment! It's so cute. By the way, I've always thought it would be a blast to work at Pottery Barn. Can you imagine the discount?
Everything is just so pretty! I too have a cat that will only drink the freshest, cleanest water. In fact, there are 2 of the 4 with that issue. Beautiful!
~Misti
Kathy,
I like to think of myself as fashionably late when I am running behind! Nice post, love the new dress form for your jewelry. I also like the topiary fabric you used in this room, the blue is also striking! Have a wonderful day…. ~Cathy~
I really like your room. I am especially lovin your curtain! Love the pattern....
I have never been to a Home Goods store. I will have to go in... I keep hearing they have great things.
Hi Kathy :)
You have just inspired me to go to the store and buy strawberries ;)
Your bathroom is darling!
rue
Love your style - very chic!
Fabulous Powder Paris Room!! Really Like the blue with the black and white!
TTFN
Renee
thank you! and your kitchen is too cute :)
Post a Comment